All reviews would stay here again fresh fruit corn palace south dakota workout room staff was friendly complimentary breakfast very nice hotel parking lot excellent stay king bed rooms are clean the breakfast area oatmeal room was large road trip hot tub
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I admit up front that Hampton’s are my preferred hotel. This didn’t disappoint & am giving 4 stars only because I’m nit-picking. I would stay here again & recommend!

What’s good;
-Very easy access on & off I-90, even during road construction. While this means higher highway noise, I didn’t find it bothersome.
NOTE TO I-90 drivers—-I prefer staying in Michell as most places to stay in Sioux Falls are in I-29 area, meaning you have to drop south.
-in complex w/adjacent food options (Ruby Tue., Culver’s nearby) & has station in same parking lot.
-Spotless facility (in main areas & guest rooms). Little “extras” (see pix) in the room demonstrate housekeeping staff take ownership of what they’re doing!
-Standard, very good, Hampton breakfast. But particularly attentive & friendly staff made this special.

The nit-picks;
-Fitness room too warm.
-Shower rod was mounted at downward angle & curtain sags to middle.
-LOVE that hair dryer is mounted in the left side of the very ample counter. However, cord needs to be longer. Hotel was gracious about my feedback & advises they’re in process of replacing dryers with free-standing in bags.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Emily O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mitchell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay and thank-you for sharing your comments. We appreciate all of the feedback we can get to make sure we are doing what we can for our guests. We will look into the issues you addressed and see what we can do to fix the problems.
Thank-you!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Having never been in South Dakota before, but thankfully knowing the always great Hampton Inn, we stayed here on a road trip to Fort Collins, CO. As always, this Hampton Inn in Mitchell, SD was wonderful. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left -- the staff was most courteous, and they made sure our stay was most pleasant. And, considering we were really far from home -- they helped us in finding restaurants etc. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The motel was right next door to the venue. The staff were friendly. Forgot a pack n play and they had one for us to use which was wonderful. Very nice rooms, comfortable beds, enjoyed our stay. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2018

After a long day of exploring and sight-seeing it is great to find yourself in a hotel that makes you feel at home! Everything at the Hampton Inn Mitchell, from the very inviting and friendly staff to the chocolate chip cookies and comfortable beds wrap you in a cozy cocoon! My wife, dog and I stayed here both on our way out and return home from the mountains, and were sure glad we did. We slept great! Enjoyed the pool and excellent breakfast! Convenient to several restaurants, gas stations, and the Corn Palace. Easy access to the freeway and other highways. There is even a quiet street to walk your dog. Thank you Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank-you for taking the time to share about your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

The Hampton Inn in Mitchell was the perfect overnight stay to refresh for our long ride. It’s conveniently located off the interstate. Upon arrival, we were greeted, given our key card and 2 waters. The friendly desk attendant then advised us of breakfast and other accommodations that are included - very helpful. The price was reasonable and the room was very clean, and had a comfortable bed and pillows. We ate dinner at The Ruby Tuesday’s next door, which was good for a casual bite and beer. Breakfast at the hotel was great! Good coffee.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple