“Not friendly”

Marlins Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I use to go to eat here, and my friend has a support dog. They stared and disregarded the “do NOT pet” sign and us saying it as well. Some lady I assume was the manager because she walked around in the server area but she wasn’t wearing a uniform. She glared at us multiple times and made us feel really uncomfortable from a far. It was rediculous... will NOT go back!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

So Mom and I were traveling and decided to stop here for dinner. We entered and there was a sign saying "please wait to be seated". We waited for 10 minutes and no one had acknowledged us. There were people waiting ahead of us for longer. I asked a server if there was a hostess or if it was seat yourself?
She acted snotty to us and and said to us, "she's busy and you are gonna have to wait".
Mom and I travel all around the US and am surprised to be treated like this. Why would we want to eat here when we aren't even acknowledged? I wouldn't have stayed if they said it was free that night. The issue isn't about the waiting, but being acknowledged and letting us know that there is a wait. But there were plenty of open tables! I bet that server didn't make very many tips tonight!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Excellent service .. our breakfast was very good. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Our table was clean as were the utensils.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

5 people ordered, 5 people all very happy with their choices. Bacon-egg hamburger was excellent, husband’s Club sandwich was very good, 2 had the grilled chicken and the both said it was hot and flavorful, other had the jalapeño hamburger and his was good. Do NOT get the sweet tea. yes Yuck. Zack was a SUPERB waiter, all the servers were kind and worked well together, which makes for a nice atmosphere. Place looks refurbished, very nice. Attached to a convenience store, which came in handy. Our hotel was next door and we walked over this morning to the convenience store to grab some items before hitting the road again, I saw people’s breakfast as we walked through and it looked sooooo good. Hated we did not have time to eat.
There is SO much to choose from that it made it hard to pick something to eat :)
Would DEFINITELY recommend eating here!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have friends whom go here for breakfast every weekend. They invited us and w really liked it. Very casual but nice atmosphere and we were seated and drink orders taken quickly. Personally I go out for breakfast for 2 major items, crispy hash browns and eggs benedict. I was not disappointed, yummy. My hubby loves a breakfast of pancakes, sausage and potatoes, he liked his also. No wonder our friends are regulars!

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Marlins Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!