All reviews family reunion free wifi rooms are clean comfortable bed continental breakfast place to stay front desk dresser sd cereal
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We always enjoy our stay at Lantern Motel.
Rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly, conveniently located. Whenever we stay overnight we stay here. Choice of king and queen beds to fit your family's needs.
Just a walk across parking area is the Lantern Inn restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Recently stayed in the newly remodeled Lantern Motel. Very nice staff. Very clean rooms. The restaurant across the street serves great food and the TV channels seem to never end. It used to be a question of where we would stay, Super 8 or Lantern, whenever my coworkers and I come up here to stay (about 5 times a year), after this latest visit I can confidently say I will not be booking at Super 8 again.

Overall a great stay and would recommend for anyone who needs to stay in or around the Milbank region.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The present owners took an older motel and made it a clean, well maintained, comfortable place to stay with thoughtful additions. The rooms have small refrigerators. Wonderful! The most thoughtful additions are the two convenient mounted power strips - one at the bedstand and the other at the top of the dresser. You have plenty of space for charging your electronic devices. Plus there is great free wifi and cable TV. And there is a continental breakfast. The folks at the desk are so pleasant and helpful. This is a great place to stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the lantern this past weekend and it was a great experience! When I called and made the reservation I told her we wouldn't be getting in till late as we were coming from 4 hours away, she said that was fine. When we got there she was there and greeted us with a smile, which was a refreshing change from other hotels we have stayed at in the past.The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable! The shower had great water pressure and the hotel was nice and quiet. Did I mention they had free Wi-Fi?

If I ever need to stay in Milbank again I would stay at the Lantern. Hands down.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I once worked as a maid many, many years ago, and I am hardly satisfied with the cleanliness of a hotel room. This one met my standards. The rooms are pretty outdated, kinda like walking back into the 80's era, but clean and comfortable. When I am just using a hotel for sleeping, all I require is clean and quiet, and this charming little place provided both. Full disclosure, I travel with a fan to cover up outside noise, but usually that is not enough for this light sleeper. I never heard a sound the 2 weekend nights that we stayed there, and we saved $40 per night, if we had stayed down the street at a chain motel. The lady at the front desk was delightful, and she told me later that she and her husband were the owners. All in all, if you are looking for a fancy place, this is not for you. But my family found it clean, quiet, friendly and budget friendly, and that's all we need when traveling..

Room tip: The breakfast area is busy in the morning, so I would ask for a room away from there, if you want to sleep in.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family