“Appearance isn't everything.”

Gerry's Budget Host
Ranked #1 of 2 Kennebec B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2016

There isn't a lot of choice when you stay in Kennebec, but I was very happy with Gerry's. I travel alone so feeling secure is important to me. The area that this little motel is in isn't landscaped, it's just a big gravelly, dusty area, so it seems mildly sketchy, but the woman at the desk (Gerry?) was so pleasant, I felt very much at ease. The room is very basic, but then again, so is the price. But most important, it was CLEAN. No stains on the carpet, no little pieces of leftover crackers anywhere. It was quiet, and I slept great. The breakfast the next morning far exceeded my expectations, too. It was quite complete (I was expecting cereal and toast). They had homemade breakfast sandwiches, a skillet of hash browns with cheese and some eggs, pancakes, and assorted other foods. Absolutely delicious. The next night I stayed at a larger chain hotel that was twice the cost but that had half the cleanliness and a breakfast that didn't even begin to match up to this one. I would happily stay at Gerry's again.

Room Tip: Very accessible to the freeway. CLEAN rooms. Great breakfast onsite.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Martha H

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The room was exceptionally clean, the room comfortable and the owners welcoming at both the motel and the bar for a burger and steak bites. The excellent breakfast the next morning was included and the best free breakfast of our trip by far. We liked so much, we tried to work it to stay again on our way home, but alas, the timing didn't work out. Highly recommend this friendly mom and pop run establishment.

Room Tip: We had the lower level corner room. No noise from any room or outside. Parking at the door.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Needed a place to stop on our way to Yellowstone. Based on prior reviews, we decided on Gerry's. While just a small motel, the room was very comfortable as well as the king bed - comfort plus! Room was very clean and provided the basic toiletries, i.e., soap & shampoo. There was no blow dryer but I had my own. Hot breakfast the next day was surely welcomed! There is a bar/restaurant just a short walk from the motel. For a budget motel, it really was great and if we're ever going somewhere in the area, we would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

This gem was half the price of anything listed for miles around it. Not only was the room surprisingly large but was extremely clean. Truly one of the top cheap places I have stayed. The breakfast that all the reviews seem to rave about was indeed good. Recommended

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I have stayed here before. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it is clean, and comfortable, and priced for the budget conscious traveler. What separates it from other hotels in this price range is the breakfast. The host makes the breakfasts, very tasty, unique, and filling. It is also well located making the next day an easy reach to tour both the Badlands AND the Black Hills. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Been to Gerry's Budget Host? Share your experiences!