Kings Inn Motel(Kennebec)
US$129
US$95
US$100
Hotels.com
All reviewshomemade breakfastmade from scratchgreat homemadesausage sandwichbit dated but very cleannext morningroom was cleanstayed herecross countryparking lot isdefinitely stay here againroad tripsmall townfree breakfastbarbmotelhunters
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The room was exceptionally clean, the room comfortable and the owners welcoming at both the motel and the bar for a burger and steak bites. The excellent breakfast the next morning was included and the best free breakfast of our trip by far. We liked so much, we tried to work it to stay again on our way home, but alas, the timing didn't work out. Highly recommend this friendly mom and pop run establishment.

Room Tip: We had the lower level corner room. No noise from any room or outside. Parking at the door.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Needed a place to stop on our way to Yellowstone. Based on prior reviews, we decided on Gerry's. While just a small motel, the room was very comfortable as well as the king bed - comfort plus! Room was very clean and provided the basic toiletries, i.e., soap & shampoo. There was no blow dryer but I had my own. Hot breakfast the next day was surely welcomed! There is a bar/restaurant just a short walk from the motel. For a budget motel, it really was great and if we're ever going somewhere in the area, we would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

This gem was half the price of anything listed for miles around it. Not only was the room surprisingly large but was extremely clean. Truly one of the top cheap places I have stayed. The breakfast that all the reviews seem to rave about was indeed good. Recommended

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I have stayed here before. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it is clean, and comfortable, and priced for the budget conscious traveler. What separates it from other hotels in this price range is the breakfast. The host makes the breakfasts, very tasty, unique, and filling. It is also well located making the next day an easy reach to tour both the Badlands AND the Black Hills. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this hotel via TripAdvisor and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. If you want or need to stay in Kennebec you don't have many hotel options. I think I saw one others place but when I read the reviews about how clean this place was I knew it was for us. Here's the interesting thing - this is a hunters motel and in the cover you would think it was gross - not so at all. Our room was spotless, despite having a sign urging us not to put our pheasants in the mini fridge or clean our kill in the bathtub. Now if you are city folk you might not like this, which is why I mention it. To me (slightly city/slightly country) I think it's awesome! The ac was cold, room was clean and if you need ice they sell it in the office. I really wanted to stay for the complimentary breakfast, which is set up in the office area but we had miles aged of us and wanted to get an early start. Btw, we did see some pheasants in nearby fields and they are really pretty birds!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family