“Keep driving...or sleep in your car”

H and H El Centro Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kadoka
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Booked 2 rooms online, don't know where they got the pictures, there are absolutely no similarities between what is shown and what the rooms are really like. Burnt out lights in both rooms, walls had holes in them, rooms were filthy, very unpleasant couple at the front desk, you got the feeling you were bothering them and all we did was check in, no hello or good bye, the only conversation was "you're ID and Credit card" , breakfast was toast and cereal, Without exaggeration the WORST experience I have ever had with accommodations.

Room Tip: Stay away, you would regret it even if they charged $50 per night
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank juscheking

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I made a reservation through my Employer Website that offers associates discount rates on travel. We have to pre-pay in order to get our special rates, which I did.
We arrived and got our room and while we were unloading the car, the front desk called to say my credit card was declined. I proceeded to go back up and argue with the Front Desk Clerk that the room was prepaid and that my credit card should have not been charged. He insisted that I had to pay with a different card or leave. Being tired from being on the road I reluctantly handed over another credit card.
After getting in the room we had trouble getting the TV to come on. Checking to see if it was plugged in we noticed that the outlet was overloaded with six plugs, plugged into it and the TV was barely able to be plugged in. A fire trap waiting to happen.
The room itself was clean and the bed was as comfortable as hotel beds are. We got some sleep and was back on the road the next day.
When I got home, I filed a complaint with our Employee Discount site to have this hotel removed and with my credit card to deny the charge. Not sure what will happen.
If possible find somewhere else to stay. I should have read the Trip Adviser posts, I would not have stayed here if I had.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MALaehn
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Not so great, advertised as having restaurant on site, not this year, said there is a bar, not. Pool yes but very small . Spa? small hot tub with no water and has not seen use in a long time. WIFI was very weak only one bar but did seem to work.
Room was a good size and clean. No comment on the breakfast yet because we have not had it yet.
Price was more than expected and not really worth it.
They should upgrade their website to show what amenities they actually have.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2016

To be fair, we never stayed here. We booked a reservation through Agoda after 9pm when we realized all hotels on I-90 were booked up for miles around Rapid City, arrived around 11pm. "No vacancy." The woman we roused after banging on the door for 15 minutes said she'd never heard of any online reservation. Agoda says the first five people they talked to had never heard of our reservation, but ultimately someone in the firm insisted to Agoda that we were a no show who had gone to the wrong place, although this address is where we were and the place looked like this. Agoda issued a refund to us. (We lucked in to finding a room at the old-and-being-rehabbed motel on the other side of the Interstate that is not yet hooked into online reservations.)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Checked into room 121. Blood on floor. Nail clippers inside bedding. Moved to a room, drug stuff in... Lock didn't work. Owner came down said he'd lock from outside. He fake pretended to lock it and walked away, I showed him it didn't lock and he started screaming there was " zero percent chance" of crime unless I was going to steal a car. Children were crying. This place is filthy dirty disgusting. Doors don't lock. Shower hung into tub, tv didn't work, air didn't work. Slept with pepper spray and car alarm after horrible treatment from staff. I'd rather sleep in a gutter outside then stay here again. Beer bottles in room from last guest. Hands down worst experience ever. Worse then a third world country hostile. Keep driving. Rooms smelled damp and smokey. Tiles cracked on floor. If you have the misfortune of staying here, keep your shoes on!

Stayed: June 2016