All reviews other guests outdoor fireplace home away from home quaint rooms black hills great bed light breakfast great hosts place to stay small room main street comfortable room enjoyed our stay within walking distance a great stay stayed nights fire pit
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Great location within walking distance of the sites in Hill City.
Rooms had a great feel to them. I loved the little bits of nostalgia placed throughout.
Very clean in the living area and the bathroom. Bed was comfortable like home.
Has an area for group/family meetings so you don't have to try and cram into a single room.
Even in the off season Dan (owner) had coffee and hot water for hot chocolate ready.
I can hardly explain how much my family enjoyed staying here.
I also really appreciated Dan greeting us several times during our stay just to make sure that our needs and expectations were being met. Thank you Dan.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Our motorcycle group was here for three days, and we could not have stayed at a better motel.Dan the owner, went out of his way to make our stay the best. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable.The motel is very clean outside and is being updated. The motel is in the center of town and close to everything. We will be back, and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank RD W
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Our plans changed at the last minute and we were only able to stay one night at the Harney Peak Inn. Dan was extremely helpful in assisting with these changes and in answering all of my questions. He even brought some information to our room on the Buffalo Round-up that we were attending the next morning. The room was quaint, clean, the bed was comfortable with wonderful bedding and good pillows. The weather was a little warmer than we had planned for, so we especially enjoyed the ceiling fan over the bed. We had a later check-in and very early check-out so we didn't have a chance to mingle with the other guests. Even though the continental breakfast isn't available after Labor Day, we were provided with the code to the breakfast room so we could enjoy the coffee and the limited items that were still available. Dan was the perfect host and I hope that we can return to the area again soon and enjoy ALL of the great amenities he provides at the Inn.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeachGrandmax4
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We stayed with 2 other couples and everyone loved the Harney Peak Inn and would all stay there again. We road on the 1880 Train and the Inn was only a short walk to the Depot. Dan was very easy to work with and made sure everything was ready for us. Dan even emailed us and said our rooms were ready early and we could check in at any time. The Harney Peak Inn is a great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 25 September 2016

The little hotel is right on main street in Hill City. I usually like out of the way places, but I was very happy with Harney Peak Inn. We stayed 3 nights and we where centrally located to all attractions and activates in the Black Hills. The owner was very friendly and helpful; you could tell that he wanted your stay to be a happy experience. The rooms were large and clean. I was worried that being in the center of town there would be loud noises, but the rooms were very quite. I would highly recommend this Inn and if I ever go back to the Black Hills, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are only 6 six rooms and they all would be a great place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family