“Great shower!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Great shower!”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We chose this hotel after reading the reviews and were very happy with our choice. The downstairs is the typical casino type, but with added attraction of the cars, guitars & movie memorabilia. Upstairs, the room was lovely - not huge but big enough, but we were lucky to have a bathroom - (with toilet in a seperate room inside the shower room) - with a steam shower - this shower is a really huge double shower, with a seat at each end and twin shower heads. Excellent!
Breakfast is basic but fine, and is served in the guitar bar, just pick what you want and sit at the bar to eat it!
All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetoholiday2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I chose this hotel based on reviews and the decision to stay at a "historic" hotel rather than a major chain. We did pay more than we usually do, but thought it might be worth it. We stayed in the "John Wayne Suite", room 203. It was lovely and we enjoyed our weekend stay very much. It is a great location with parking right next to the hotel, which is a luxury n Deadwood.

The casino is clean and well maintained, and looking at the memorabilia was fun. The hotel rooms are above the casino, but you would never know it, it was very quiet and felt very removed from the activity downstairs.

The decor is lovely and old fashioned, hallways are narrow, but beautiful. The room was squeaky clean and beautiful and we were surprised at having a kitchen area with separate sink and refrigerator. Plenty of room and closet space. Our bathroom wasn't the same as in the hotel photos, but was still comfortable and clean. The furniture and bed were very comfortable and well maintained, not at all worn.

The only downside, and actually kind of funny...there were two TV's, one in each room...but very old...a huge big screen in the living area (not a flat screen) that took up a good portion of the living space, and another old TV in the bedroom area (not a flat screen) that didn't quite fit in the lovely armoire. Not a complaint, really...just a statement on how technology changes so quickly...a few years ago, these would be a luxury, but now they seem like dinosaurs.

An added feauture was a beautiful rooftop deck outside facing Main Street, very clean and comfortable. And if it hadn't rained most of the weekend, I imagine we would have spent much of our time out there.

We never used the breakfast bar...and didn't even know they had one until we got there. One suggestion to the hotel...we would have liked to have a brochure or binder in the room describing what services are available at the hotel. Also, some help with getting luggage in and out of the hotel would have been appreciated.

When we travel back to Deadwood, we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We had originally planned on staying here two nights, but due to a mix up with our reservation (we shared fault with the hotel), they only had availability for one night. The room was very nice -- we stayed in room 215. I travel a lot for work and this room looked much like many of the nicer hotels I stay in for business (like the Fairmont). In that sense, it lacks a little of the character that you are looking for when you visit Deadwood. The bathroom was very nice, with both a glass-encased shower and a bathtub. The view looks out onto the parking lot, but there is little noise.

It is in the perfect location. Why wouldn't you stay on main street? The memorabilia in the hotel is very cool also. Neither my husband nor I gamble, but we could hang out on the main floor for a while looking at the memoriabilia (and we aren't those kind of people either).

The breakfast is not that great. They have some hot pocket type items to microwave but it's very much like a gas station's breakfast selection.

Still, if I go back to Deadwood, I'd probably plan to stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 5 February 2011

have been there many times. would not stay any place but here. I usually lose money here but i I usually lose money at any casino I go too. At least I get to lose money at a hotel that I truly enjoy. The staff,management the best. The facilities are the best. The only complaint is that they don't provide chopped onions with their free hot dogs. I do however steal some next door. I am not a big gambler but I do enjoy the thrill of it. I do know that when I go to deadwood I am going to gamble. I also know that I will probably lose ( sometimes I win) but this only a part of the cost of my "getaway". Don't go to Deadwood to get rich at the slots. It won/t happen. Go to Deadwood to have fun and when you go stay at the CELEBRITY.

The "JUDGE"

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dick p
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Got a deal on the rate due to the area slowing down. Had gotten quotes from the neighbors, didn't go as low. 79+tax. Spooky town. Nice hotel. Loved having something to look at other then gambling. They have some old movie props. It was a nice addition. The room was beautiful, and the bathroom & especially stand-up shower breath-taking marble. It is a busy place, but desk people were pleasant. Basic breakfast items. Asked for help in finding desert, and front desk really tried to help to no avail. Directed next door whose restaurant was closed for a private party.

Fun place for a history buff even with the gambling!

Bed was a bit hard. Slept a bit rough.

Overall a great experience, and I am not a gambler either.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple