Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Great for our area!

Took 2 teen boys for the day. The lines actually were not that long for a holiday. They had a great... read more

Reviewed 2 January 2018
Tzeidel B
Lawrence, Kansas
via mobile
They say they groom, but we didn’t see it

My son and I had been watching their website every day to see if they had enough snow and had been... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
253jeremyv
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
via mobile

All reviews bunny hill ski school smaller resort learned how skiing beginners colorado lodge snow skied advanced equipment elevation bar
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We have children that get altitude sickness in Colorado so we thought we would try Terry Peak since it is only 7000 feet high. Temperatures ranged from 20 degrees to 60 while we were there. Great hill for families that are learning to ski. All of the lifts go to the top so there is little chance of getting lost. The lodge is nice and the prices are less than 1/3rd what we have paid in CO. HIghly recommend this resort for families with kids learning to ski.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I learned to ski at this area many years ago. All the lifts but one have been upgraded over the years to high-speed detachable quads. This makes for more skiing, less waiting and riding lifts. The terrain is suitable for beginner through advanced intermediate ski levels. There were no lines at the lifts and the snow and weather were good. The cost is much cheaper than Colorado where I have gone the last several years. There are lots of places to stay nearby in Lead or Deadwood. The hotels are also quite reasonably priced.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank DeanJ861
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We had a great time at Terry Peak especially if you are not an expert skier. They have a great package for kids that includes lift ticket, equipment, and two hour instruction. It was not that crowded so made for an enjoyable day.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I grew up learning to ski in the black hills and Terry Peak is a great place to do just that. I have two children 13 and 11 who have just started skiing and snow boarding over the past 4 years. Terry Peak is not the biggest place on earth so turning you kids loose on the mountain is not as scary as doing it in Colorado. One chairlift ride and you can usually spot them so they are really never out of you sight. On the other hand if your an intermediate to advanced skier/boarder this is probably not the place for you. Like I said before it is a small area and the elevation doesn't offer a lot of time on the slopes with a lot of seeing the same geography over and over. Depending on the time of year and snow fall there may be times when runs are closed so timing is important which is hard to gauge from week to week. My wife and I, who have been skiing since we were kids, got a little board with seeing the same runs over and over, but our kids had a blast and that's all that matters. They have rentals right there if needed and the staff was awesome and very helpful. They also have lessons for both skiers and boarders. They have a kiddie slope right in front of the lodge so you can kick back in on the lodge's deck and watch your little one make run after run. Overall a great place for kids to learn and explore.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Used to come here every year in my teen years...moved on to going to Colorado and now have my own teens to bring here! The weather was CRAZY warm, but the skiing was still surprisingly decent. It got a little icy toward the end of the day as runs started to be covered in shade. Can't wait to make this an annual trip just like when I was a kid! Love the fact that we can bring our own cooler and food, sit on the deck and enjoy the beauty of the Black Hills!!

Date of experience: February 2017