Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Great grooming crew !!

The guy's that run the grooming equipment at the mountain are the best !!! Even when we haven't had... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
scottk1977
Deadwood, South Dakota
Skiing suitable for beginners to intermediate/advanced at "half" the price, wait and elevation of bigger ski resorts

Family has traveled to Terry Peak to ski annually for the past 8 years over the holidays. We have... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2018
Renae P

All reviews bunny hill ski school smaller resort learned how skiing beginners colorado lodge snow skied advanced equipment elevation bar
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We had a great time at Terry Peak especially if you are not an expert skier. They have a great package for kids that includes lift ticket, equipment, and two hour instruction. It was not that crowded so made for an enjoyable day.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I grew up learning to ski in the black hills and Terry Peak is a great place to do just that. I have two children 13 and 11 who have just started skiing and snow boarding over the past 4 years. Terry Peak is not the biggest place on earth so turning you kids loose on the mountain is not as scary as doing it in Colorado. One chairlift ride and you can usually spot them so they are really never out of you sight. On the other hand if your an intermediate to advanced skier/boarder this is probably not the place for you. Like I said before it is a small area and the elevation doesn't offer a lot of time on the slopes with a lot of seeing the same geography over and over. Depending on the time of year and snow fall there may be times when runs are closed so timing is important which is hard to gauge from week to week. My wife and I, who have been skiing since we were kids, got a little board with seeing the same runs over and over, but our kids had a blast and that's all that matters. They have rentals right there if needed and the staff was awesome and very helpful. They also have lessons for both skiers and boarders. They have a kiddie slope right in front of the lodge so you can kick back in on the lodge's deck and watch your little one make run after run. Overall a great place for kids to learn and explore.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Used to come here every year in my teen years...moved on to going to Colorado and now have my own teens to bring here! The weather was CRAZY warm, but the skiing was still surprisingly decent. It got a little icy toward the end of the day as runs started to be covered in shade. Can't wait to make this an annual trip just like when I was a kid! Love the fact that we can bring our own cooler and food, sit on the deck and enjoy the beauty of the Black Hills!!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Great runs, fast lifts that hardly ever had to stop, no crowds, good food at the lodges that was reasonably priced, adult 2 day lift ticket appox $100, wide open runs, convenient parking and close to the action in Deadwood. I recommend Edge Sports for rentals which is about 2 mi before you get to the ski area.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank Cindyloumurph
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This place is awesome. Has many different slopes for all levels of experience. I was learning and could have just paid for the beginner level ski lift access instead of all area access to save a little money, this place is spendy. The lodge was reasonably priced and food was ready, instead of ordering and waiting. I didn't like how we had to continuously wait for Ski School when we were trying to get on the magic carpet. It seemed like they would make it down the hill and still beat me in line twice before I could even get on once. They need to limit how many people can participate or have alternate means of getting up the mountain instead of making all the other beginners and kids wait.

Date of experience: January 2017