“Outstanding Thai Food!!!!!”

Mai Thai
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I found this place on MapQuest while on a business trip. I was completely surprised. The food was outstanding. I had the Tom Yum soup with shrimp. Very light and flavorful. The vegetables were just right (not overdone). The Thai egg rolls tasted great and not greasy. Chicken Pad Thai had an excellent flavor. There was a little hint of sweetness that some may not like. I loved the food. I will always come back when traveling through Columbia SC.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

If I lived closer to this place, I'd eat here every week. I'm not kidding. I don't mind that it's crowded sometimes. I don't mind hanging out in the bakery section and pondering the delights behind the case. I'll wait all day for what very well might be some of the best food Thai food in the city.

The soup? Tom Yum. Oh yeah. Subtle, salty/sour broth with fresh veggies served crazy hot. Perfect meal starter.

Mai Thai rolls? Crisp, flavorful. These are not some throwaway appetizer that you might find at a traditional Chinese restaurant. These are delicious and made with care. Use the dipping sauce!

Hot Basil Chicken? I could swim in that sauce. Spicy but not too, packed with flavor, filled with tender chicken and perfectly cooked onions and bell peppers. Insanely good.

The service is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is casual.

I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Mai Thai came highly recommended by several people and I finally had an opportunity to meet some friends there for lunch. It is small for its popularity so there was a wait to get seated, but service was prompt, friendly, and very helpful when we had questions. The food arrived in a timely fashion and was delicious. The decor inside was very pleasant and tasteful, and a contrast to the outdoor shopping strip exterior. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

the restaurant is almost hidden from view the food is prepared fresh the wait staff very attentive they have a bakery inside restaurant that is out of this world they have a selection of wine while you wait for your appitizers and wonderful meal

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Very good ...had panang curry. Desert was yummy home made coconut ice cream with wrapped deep fried bananas covered in honey and berry type compote. Staff was very friendly.