“We visited twice and there will not be a third”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vacchios Greek & Italian Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #89 of 149 Restaurants in West Columbia
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were not impressed with the first visit. The food was ok/good and the service was poor. Everything took much longer than it should. Ordering, drinks, food delivery, waiting for the bill. Had I known ahead of time, I would have kept count on the number of times we were told "I'm sorry..."
We gave Vacchios a 2nd try, just in case they had a bad night on our first visit. We arrived on a Saturday night around 6:15. Our order of Fettuccini Pesto and Eggplant Rollatini was taken at 6:20. At 6:25 the server came to tell us that they were out of the Eggplant Rollatini. My wife order Eggplant Lasagna. The server went to the kitchen and returned to tell us the were out of Eggplant dishes so my wife ordered Greek Lasagna. 25 minutes later our food arrived. Bear in mind, there was only one other table of customers when we ordered. The Greek Lasagna was good but the Fettuccini Pesto was awful. This was like no Pesto I have ever tasted. I'm not Greek so maybe it was some kind of "Greek Pesto" but it was definitely not Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil, Pine Nuts and Parmesan. It was some form of Greek herbs and an excess of oil. I poured 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of oil from my dish. We ate a little more but could chose not to finish our dishes nor take the rest with us. As we paid, we could read the board that listed items they were out of. How does a Greek / Italian restaurant run of Eggplant dishes, lasagna and meatloaf by 7pm on a Saturday night?
We support local businesses where we can but we will not be returning to Vacchios.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were very satisfied with the food and portion sizes.
It is very unfortunate that there was only one waitress for the entire restaurant. The slow service was not her fault. She was working so hard to tend to the needs of all of the tables. She certainly didn’t hide her frustration for being the only wait staff.

Management needs to hire some more help.
This place would really do well if the service would be more efficient.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This was my first time here with mu husband who's been here before with a work birthday lunch. He was raving about the wings, I got the club wrap with fries. These are some of the best fries I have ever had. I was told it was going to be slow service, but we were served very quickly. I will be back to try the wings another day.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

This is a new small family restaurant where everything is cooked to order - when you order. So be prepared to wait, or let your server know you're in a hurry. I've been three times and ordered different menu items. All portions were large and delicious. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I agree with others on this review when they say it was SLOW. We went late Sunday afternoon, WAITED 90 MINUTES. No lie. Owner very defensive saying in a rehearsed way that they were busy. NOT! We saw how many came and went, every one there was waiting forever! Finally asked for food to go. Food was cold by the time we got home and not worth the trouble. Save yourself the wait and go to Grecian Gardens on 378 (Sunset Blvd). They will treat you right and most importantly they will feed you in a timely fashion. By the way, Vacchios closed in Gaston, I don’t doubt why.

2  Thank Rella03