“Dagwood's is the answer to the question, "Where should we go for lunch or dinner?"”

Dagwood's Deli & Sports Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Dagwood's Deli & Sports Bar is the #1 place in Surfside to watch your favorite team. Come in for daily Happy Hour and awesome sandwiches.
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We were in Surfside Beach and thought, "what the heck?" What a good decision!
We started with Tater Tots Nachos $8.49..tasty spuds topped with chili, melted cheese, lettuce, tomato & jalapeños, served with sour cream & salsa on the side...YUMMY! Different and Yummy!
The husband had the chef salad ($8.99)which was nice and fresh and huge! My son had the Hogpound, ($7.99) which was roasted pork tenderloin topped with melted Swiss and provolone cheeses, served on a Kaiser roll with cajun ranch dressing. Again, the portion was nice and big and the sandwich was delish. I had Dagwood's Dipper ($7.99) and it was one of the best sandwiches ever! It was delicious sliced turkey piled high on the softest, sweetest sub roll ever, with melted swiss cheese and bacon bits with homemade dill mayonnaise. I found the sandwich of my dreams! I have to say that even the unsweetened ice tea was delish!
The place was jumping and we had about a 15 minute wait, but it was worth it. Service could have been better, but it was very busy, so we will overlook it!
I have to say this may be our "go to" place whenever we are in the area. We totally loved the food and enjoyed our lunch fully!
They have dozens of interesting sandwich combos, burgers and chicken and shrimp baskets. I cannot imagine anyone not loving this place!

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Had late lunch here with my wife. Parking lot was full but we were seated right away. Service was fast and friendly. Food came quickly and was probably the best sandwich I have eaten. Will return.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

This place is awesome! Best Reuben I've ever had. Great staff! Great pub style atmosphere! It's where the locals go for lunch or dinner and it has never let me down!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

The atmosphere was terrific! The food, wraps, wings and beer was a great experience to the tastebuds

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 18 February 2016

We were told this place had the best burger on the beach. We had tried a few others, but I have to agree. It was a basic burger, unlike some the other places, but who wants a peanut butter burger anyway? The flavor of the meat was wonderful . Very well cooked and delicious. My hubby had a cod sandwich and he loved it. The service was very good. We will go back when we are in town!

Date of visit: January 2016