“Good meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Flounder and grouper basket were good, onion rings were perfect. Hush puppies were fair but they need to add onions to mix to add moisture to them.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I last reviewed Bubba's a few years ago for their lunch offerings. This year we stopped in for lunch and dinner on the same day, the last Friday in August. Once again, their shrimp Po' boy was good, although not nearly as good as is found at the Conch Cafe. Their Pork barbecue sandwich was very good. Lunchtime service was excellent. Dinner, however, was a disappointment. The pound of steamed spiced shrimp was overcooked to the point of being difficult to peel and the basket of fries was rather small. The service was not very good either for such a small place. Apparently they can only handle simple fried food for a good cheap lunch.

1  Thank MS1Timonium_MD
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Not a big fan of bubbas, because other places offer similar selections of fried food. What comes up short is non fried meal options. So if your party is okay with greasy food, you should be fine. I opted for a salad. In previewing the bubba website online menu, it listed several varieties of salads, however, I did not see these offered on the restaurant table menu. Maybe I missed them, but won’t take the time to return and check ...

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Gracelhink
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this place for dinner in the middle of the week
It certainly looked interesting from the outside with all the rough wood
We climbed the stairs and were told it would be about a 20 minute wait but we decided to wait at the bar and eventually had dinner there
The seafood you get here is primarily deep-fried so if you have a problem with that you won’t want to eat here
My wife had a large Caesar salad without anything on it and that’s hard to screw up so it was pretty good although it was a little bit wetter than she would’ve liked
I ordered what appeared to be the only thing on the menu that wasn’t breaded and deep-fried- the blackened Grouper
I have some doubts that it was actually grouper
It was black and and spicy and slightly undercooked and generally not that impressive for what the menu price was
There were the obligatory fries and a small container of coleslaw and neither of them were really interesting
The fries were on the same plate with the fish and the bottom once became soggy quite quickly
The food is served on metal plates But what you get to eat with are plastic knives and forks. My gosh, the plates have to be washed so why not offer real utensils?
We observed the use of an ice bucket hanging on a hook on the wall directly next to the large size trash containers so we definitely were not going to have a mixed drink
We had different wait people as they came to the bar to get drinks for their tables and the service was actually pretty good
Both restrooms only accommodate one person at a time and this probably should be upgraded
There was nothing here that was good enough to really come back for so I can’t read recommend that anyone go there for the first time either
For the amount of money we paid to eat there that money would’ve been better spent at other places in the area

1  Thank 795gilh
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The outside looks very beachy, like a shack. Climb the stairs to get to the restaurant/bar with inside and outside seating. Flies were all over our outside table, so I'd recommend inside. The shrimp and fries were pretty good, but nothing special. The beer was semi-cold. Service was okay. It just didn't wow me. I think I'd like it better just for drinks.