See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I highly recommend this B&B. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very inviting. The breakfast was outstanding and gourmet. The gardens were exceptional and loved walking the grounds. Great place to have a wedding.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karenohiggins
Pontheolla, Owner at Clevedale Historic Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Clevedale. We surely loved hosting you and look forward to your returning to see what's new! All the best.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

we were traveling from Norfolk, VA back home to Dallas, TX and found this lovely historic home and their spectacular grounds so well maintained to spend the night. after a long drive it was so comfy and the hosts welcoming. would highly recommend anyone on a cross country trip or just locally to enjoy this gem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy G
Pontheolla, Owner at Clevedale Historic Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

What a pleasure to host the two of you. It was as if we were old friends. Thank you for gracing our home and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We are currently guests and have found our hosts just lovely and helpful with recommendations. What a five star breakfast! Enjoy a plantation type home with modern conveniences. Extremely clean. You Will not be disappointed.
Jane and Bert Kummel

Room Tip: Have 5:00 wine with interesting people
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane K
Pontheolla, Owner at Clevedale Historic Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

It was a pleasure hosting you! Glad you got a chance to experience the Joe Nall Air Show. Hope you visit again so that you can enjoy the BMW Tour and Museum.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I booked to stay here for a wedding several weeks in advance. Two weeks prior to arrival, I got an email saying they were overbooked and to call. When I called, they said nevermind - retook my credit card number and charged me for the two nights stay. I got another email THREE DAYS before we were supposed to arrive saying they were overbooked! She said she would refund my money and there was availability at the Hampton Inn. SO RIDICULOUS!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melutes

As explained voice to voice and email, overbooking doesn't happen often. Again we apologize as we try to check our various booking engines daily to avoid overbooking. When there is an overbooking, our policy is to assist by contacting another B&B or hotel for availability. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for guests and hope that you will reconsider our property in the future when visiting the Hub City of Spartanburg.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Pontheolla and her husband Paul were some of the rudest people to my guests and family that I have ever seen . They took advantage of you with your money and don't give you what you pay for ! They cut our time short for our wedding and we never even had running water . They even locked us out of our room with items still inside and their security guard was helping himself to our cake ! Never use them . Trust me

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry your feel this way and that the weather changed what was planned for your wedding and reception. We go the extra mile for all of our guests/events and count it unfortunate that you did not appreciate our additional efforts to make your day special. We pray you and your family well in this new chapter of life.