All reviews the concierge lounge underground parking beautiful hotel krispy kreme large hotel downtown area wofford college patio area southern hospitality conference center front desk staff breakfast buffet the hotel staff no hot water visiting spartanburg business trip the room was nice
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The service downstairs was excellent and I loved the coffee shop in the lobby. We had a meeting room and service accommodating us & bringing us food was great. My room was only half cleaned when I arrived though. There were piles of crumbs on the desk and TV stand, dirty socks and a pile of hangers on the floor of the closet and dirt, hair, etc. on the floor. It appeared they made the beds, cleaned the bathroom and then left without ever vacuuming, cleaning the counters, picking up the closet, etc.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
MichaelV4786, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Megan L.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. Needless to say, your experience with the condition of your room was unacceptable and causes me to believe that the room may have been considered ready to occupy prior to it being completed and inspected. We take a great deal of time and involve several processes to ensure we deliver a clean and well organized room. Obviously something took place that completely missed on this expectation.

If you could please reach out to me for additional details it would be greatly appreciated as we have the availability to research team member, time of cleaning, and inspection reporting that took place. Please email me at Michael.vance2@marriott.com with name on reservation and dates of stay. This is be most appreciated as we look to address and reasons that would have allowed this to happen.

We do appreciate the kind words on your experiences with our team members and facilities! I'll be certain to share with our team as well.

Once again, thanks so much for taking the time. Your feedback is valuable and will allow us the opportunity to address accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Spartanburg Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I’ve stayed in in a long time! Hotel employees do not respect your privacy and come into your room despite Privacy Please on the door..taking some of my personal items and moving things around...

Hotel is unable to accommodate individuals with fragrance allergies. Entire hotel is heavily perfumed. (Toiletries all heavily perfumed). Not environmental at all. AC did not work properly, tv didn’t work properly either. Room badly needs to be remodeled.

Most upsetting to me and my husband was the TOTAL and complete lack of privacy- employees coming into our room several times while we were gone (despite sign on door).

Don’t stay here!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
MichaelV4786, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

To our guest carolinebW6079EJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Needless to say, we fell well short of delivering the overall experience you would expect from us.

Your comments concerning your room and privacy certainly is not expected. To express to others not to stay here has an impact to every associate who works tirelessly to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously; both good or indifferent and share with our team to help inspire all of us to focus on the greatest of details that will continue to build loyalty among our guests. We are grateful that you took the time to express your thoughts.

Our expectations when there is a privacy sign is to not enter the room. We should be placing a note under the door to inform our guests that we attempted service, however, if the room is occupied for an extended period of time, we contact our guest to inform them that we will need to enter for servicing at a time convenient for the guest.

When housekeeping service is provided, our team is trained not to disturb items on the counter-tops. We do ask our team to assist with tidying up items that my have been left on the floor. Straitening up shoes as an example or arranging toiletries on the sink counter. I'm not certain about your comments "taking personal items and moving things around". I would be glad to speak to you directly if you would like to reach out to me through our main number: 864.596.1211.

I would also like to have more detail on your comments regarding personal items taken and ignoring privacy signs. We have the ability to review the work facilitated every day that would include comments by supervisors regarding privacy signs left on the door. In addition, we can review the lock programming to see who and when entrance was made into your room. This can assist us with addressing the proper individuals and address any training needs.

I would also appreciate feedback on the fragrance allergies. Was this a request made in advance of your arrival? This is certainly a topic that will be brought up as well.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We do hope to hear back from you that might allow us to gain a bit more detail and to address accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My wife and I were there for a business conference. The facilities were nice. Tons of meeting rooms. Enough parking in the parking deck. The staff was friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel was questionable and there was not much to do in walking distance from the facility. If you are going to stay on-site for meeting this is a good choice. If you plan on exploring the area on foot I would consider another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MichaelV4786, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the hotel and thank you for allowing us to be of service!

Our location is approximately two blocks from Main street where you'll find a number of restaurants to enjoy. We have a new residential area getting close to completion which will open up the sidewalk that will lead directly to this area.

Once again, thanks so much for allowing us to be of service. We do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Best,

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Stayed here for 2 days while in town on business. The room was nice and clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel has a restaurant, but we decided to checkout some of the restaurants in the area for lunch and dinner. We had the hotel breakfast buffet, it was pretty good. The hotel was easy to find, and they have a parking garage. Valet parking is available. The only down side is that the place is a little dated and the elevator from the parking garage to the lobby smells bad! Not much of a view, but nice place for photos.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

To our guest Sugah-n-Pops,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Needless to say, we fell below our goal in providing you with an excellent experience. We will certainly share your comments regarding our facility as well as review the garage elevator condition as there should not be any odors experienced as you described.

We're thankful to have been of service and for your time in sharing your comments. They certainly allow us to be sensitive and aware of areas impacting the overall experience of all of guest.

We do hope to be of service when your travels return you to the area. There are many "hidden" gems in the greater Spartanburg area and we hope you come back to explore a bit more.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and I stayed at the hotel last week for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. We were visiting my wife's relatives who she hadn't seen in over 34 years and we stayed here and loved the hotel and great customer service provided by everyone we came in contact with which started at almost Midnight when we arrived.

Everyone was great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

To our guests from HotelWales,

Thanks so much for allowing us to be of service while visiting family! We know that you have many choices in our area and we're honored to have been your host.

So glad to see that you were able to visit your wife's family after having been away for so long. Hopefully, you'll be able to make a similar trip in the not so distant future!

We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to sharing with our team.

All our best,