All reviews the concierge lounge underground parking front desk beautiful hotel krispy kreme large hotel wofford college patio area conference center breakfast buffet no hot water visiting spartanburg spartanburg area business trip the room was nice comfy bed nice stay
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at the Marriott and loved the pool. We were visiting family and couldn’t have asked for more. Very comfortable room and beds were good. Mattress was fairly new and room was very clean. Breakfast was good too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your accommodations and your breakfast experience to be very positive. Also glad to see that you were able to visit our pool area. It is a quite large pool with plenty of deck space and seating and certainly compliments our newly renovated fitness area!

Once again, thanks so much for allowing us to be your host while visiting Spartanburg. We do hope to see you return in the near future!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This is another one of my go-to hotels that I stay at for business. This hotel is fantastic. They have lovely rooms with great views of downtown Spartanburg. The Marriott Club has wonderful snacks and beverages all day. The hotel restaurant also has a wonderful breakfast buffet that I enjoy when I am in town. Definitely worth staying here!

Room Tip: Higher rooms for better view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you Christopher!

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit!

Thank you for allowing us to be of service while visiting the area. I'll look forward to sharing your comments with our team members as we'll all look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

On a recent road trip we stopped over for night of rest on our way. It was a perfect stay. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Everyone from the valet attendant to the desk clerk were very friendly and professional. It made us feel welcome from the time we pulled up. While we unfortunately didn't stay long enough to eat, but their restaurants looked amazing. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

To our guest James,

Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to be of service on your journey!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Perhaps you will be able to join us in our restaurant and allow our culinary and service team to extend a bit of southern hospitality!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Had a great time here. Real nice bar area and a great view of the fireworks from the 4th. Super nice staff, would definitely stay again! The only problem was that there was no pool. Great shower though!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear jbar0912,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Great to see that you enjoyed your visit!

We do indeed have the best seat in town to view the fireworks display. This year our 4th of July celebration and cookout sold out and we'll look forward to having an even greater turnout next year. We hope that you will join us!

I took note of your pool comment. We do indeed have a great outdoor pool and deck area, I apologize if you were misinformed. Please go onto our website and check out the pool as well as our newly upgraded fitness facility! Perhaps on your next visit you can allow for a bit of relaxation in these two areas.

Once again, thanks so much for allowing us to be of service!

Best,

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

As a Marriott reward member I made reservation for 2 nights July 6-8. I made the reservations via the Marriott web App a day before the visit. I was in Spartanburg visiting a sick Grandparent so I did online check in but did not arrive until 8pm. I have stayed at that location about a year back with my family and the stay was exceptional. I arrived and checked in and was given a king room, which I requested since I was alone. I was pleased to find easy parking and the check in process at the desk uneventful. I arrived to my room and found I was given a handicap room which I did not request but I figured no big deal. The room was clean and inviting. When I went to take a shower I found that the water was either very cold or scalding hot There was no in between. Also of note was the toilet was not very securely bolted to the floor. To unwind I sat on the in room couch to watch TV but found the couch very uncomfortable so ended up sitting on the desk chair. The bed was comfortable and clean. The next morning I decided to checkout rather than stay and pay the additional $180, I was given a $161 rate as a member but after all the taxes it was $181, for another night to endure the shower and couch issue. NO I did not complain or let them know the reason I was checking out. I was not interested in packing and unpacking to change rooms. Maybe I am a bit too picky but for that price and past experiences I expected more.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Michael V, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

To our guest David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate it as it will allow us to address the items noted. I assure you that the appropriate individuals will be alerted to both hot water and toilet comments.

Understanding that the room did not meet all of your expectations, I know that our staff would be ready to assist in any way to make you more comfortable as well as address the items mentioned in your room.

Once again, thank you for your comments. Feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to continue to focus on areas of opportunity.

Above all, thank you for allowing us to be your host while in Spartanburg. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance with future plans and hopefully to deliver a greater level of service with your accommodations.

Kind Regards,