US$144
US$132
Orbitz.com
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$121
US$103
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desknice place to stopcomplimentary coffeecinnamon rollsthe breakfast areanice jobsc areaironing boardgreek yogurtnice hotelhot tubhousekeeping stafflooked greatan emergencyvisiting familywould stay here again
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Clean,modern appearance for this hotel.Room good.....breakfast typical for this hotel class. Evening staff ok...day time staff much more energetic............rooms facing I85 are somewhat noisey...Wonder why they offer white noise units at the desk?....Would be 4 stars if they resolve noise issue.....

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Dear franksatthelake,

We want to Thank You for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing. We apologize for the road noise and that is why we do have the White Noise machines. We are doing are best for our guest because of the road noise and a our regular guest just love them. So hopefully the next time you are in the area you come back to see us and check one of them out.

Again Thank You and Have a Wonderful Day

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This was one of the worse experiences I’ve had in a hotel in years. I booked this room using IHG reward points several weeks prior to our planned stay at this Holiday Inn Express in Spartanburg, SC. Two days later I received an email that my reservation was cancelled, but I had not cancelled it. I called the phone number in the email to inquire about the cancellation, they told me it had been cancelled by central reservations and transferred me there. After discussion with another lady a new reservation was made for a non-smoking room.
Upon arrival our room, which was labeled non-smoking, had a very strong smell of recent cigarette smoke. I asked if we could be moved to another room and was told no other room was available. The clerk at the front desk did volunteer to spay the room with something that would help with the odor. After she sprayed the room she said we would need to stay out of it for a while. So we went to dinner when we got back the room did smell somewhat better. After a long day of hiking we really needed showers and there was no hot water. The bed was hard and dipped in the middle. Needless to say we did not wake up feeling refreshed or smarter.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear kimdragonfly1,

First, Please let me apologize for everything that you have went through on your recent stay with us. We have dropped the ball on the great service we always give. It was very unfortunate that a storm blew out our hot water heaters and it took 2 days to get it repaired since no service people were available to come out and fix. I completely understand your frustration. As I would feel the same way. I also want to apologize for the smoke smell in your room.That to, is unfortunate that people will smoke in non smoking rooms knowing that it is non smoking. We do our best with cleaning and deodorizing the rooms that smell like smoke but fell short on your room and I am deeply sorry on that.
If you would like to discuss this in further detail please give me a call at the hotel.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I'm giving them 3 out of 5 because of no compensation for a problem that occurred during my stay. The hot water went out and everyone in the hotel had to take cold showers at 4:am, and all we got was I'm sorry. It did get fixed the next day but some type of compensation should have taken place, not just a piece of paper saying I'm sorry. I had made reservations and requested a non smoking room, was told at checkin that all they had for me was a smoking room, not happy with that but was tired. Had to buy candles to help the room smell better, at least the room and ac filters were clean, that helped some.

Room Tip: If you get stuck in the smoking room, bring candles.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Tony T,

Thank You for staying with us and reviewing our property. First I want to apologize for the hot water issue. We worked around the clock to get it fixed but unfortunately we could not until the following day and we found out that it was the storm that had knocked out the heaters. If you would please give me a call to discuss this is further detail. We do appreciate your business and we defiantly want you to come back.

I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I'm very use to staying at a upscale hotel. I've been wrong about the Holiday Inn Express. The time I entered the hotel I felt as if I were home. The rooms, floors, breakfast area. When I say the staff very did a great job. The house keeping manager Ms. Tap went above and beyond. If and when I'm in this area again I will be staying here. Great Job!!!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Rev57,

We want to Thank You for your recent visit with us. We appreciate the nice comments on our hotel. We strive on making this hotel a family oriented one. I will make sure I pass this review to Ms Tapp. Again Thank You

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Really nice hotel, was probably 1/2 capacity but was was very quiet, clean with a nice breakfast also. the staff was always pleasant, bed comfy, with firm and soft pillows to choose from. if back in Spartanburg I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear 172randalf,

We want to Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Spartanburg-North over the Labor Day holiday. We are pleased that you found our hotel quiet, and clean. We hope you do come back to our hotel the next time your in the Spartanburg area.

Again Thank You.