“Nice Mexican food”

Mezcal Taberna Mexicana
Ranked #64 of 369 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is enjoyable for Mexican food that is not Tex-Mex. The food tasted like some food I have had in Mexico. The atmosphere was one more like nice restaurants in Mexico.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious and they had a great assortment. Service was a bit slow. Food was made to order and worth the wait!!!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We had travelled from Greenville, SC a month or so ago and had eaten at another restaurant and noticed this Mezcal on our way out and thought we'd give it a try as we love mexican.

It's a mexican restaurant with an upscale feel inside, but the food definitely doesn't taste upscale. The best thing we had was the white cheese dip, which we asked to be made spicy, but it wasn't.

They push their salsa off as homemade, but taste no better than your old El Paso from a jar, they just added mango to it. Nothing fresh about it. My husband ordered a fish dish, but said it just wasn't good. I ordered a wedge salad with a "supposedly" spicy dressing on it. All it was was some mayonnaise whipped up with some chipotle pepper sauce. Tasted more like something you'd put on a shrimp taco, not a dressing for a salad. It wasn't good! Instead of crumbling their bacon, they just lay 2 slices over top.

I also ordered a side tostada. Ok, this was a shell I could've bought off of the Bi-Lo shelf, they put some lettuce on it, and topped it off with one, yes one, slice of avocado and called it a "tostada."

Hate we wasted out time and our money. Will not return.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very good place to get variety of Mexican food on Main Street. It is causal but more upscale than the usual Mexican Food Restaurant. It has nice ambiance - updated and modern restaurant. Very clean looking inside. The food was also good with a variety of choices. Be sure to ask the waiter about some of the sauces, they are a little different. My wife and I enjoyed and we will return.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Upscale Mexican food in a cool atmosphere. They had a good variety of tapas and their chips and salsa were good before the meal. I had the carne asada and it was cooked perfectly and came with homemade potato chips and a chimchurri dipping sauce. The guacamole was a little bland but just ok, otherwise everything else we had was great.