“Olympian Grill!”

Olympian Grill
Ranked #58 of 119 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Serving up authentic Greek food since 1993, the Olympian pleases guests with large portions at affordable prices. Try the Moussaka, their signature Greek entree, but expect the heavy, oily, spud centered portion you're used to. Carefully prepared, thinly sliced eggplant is layered with ground beef then topped with a bechamel that almost becomes a souffle when baked. Greek salads are fresh and tasty, studded with plump olives and feta cheese. You shouldn't miss the opportunity to try this restaurant. With friendly service and good prices, this restaurant is tempting enough to eat there every day.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

My wife and I used to go to the Olympian on Congaree as it was our favorite restaurant. We were saddened when the owners closed it down. We had been to this location at Five Forks several times but it just wasn't as good. After the Congaree location closed we tried a few more times and it was just passable. We enjoyed reconnecting with some of the staff that moved to this location but it just wasn't as good. We have been going to Napoli (just down the way on Woodruff) and actually went there first but since it was still closed for the 4th of July holiday we decided to give Olympian another try. The parking lot was filled to overflow and I dropped my wife out front to check and see how long he wait was. She told me they were cleaning a booth so I parked the car in the nearby bank parking area and joined her inside. The hostess was having a booth cleaned and we were seated at the last booth before the separate dining area to the right. There was a large group there occupying all of that area. After waiting 15-20 minutes with no one acknowledging us the hostess was preparing the booth next to us and we told her that no one had been by. She left to get our waitress and even though a waitress at the table next to us appeared and left we were tired of waiting even more time and left. In all we probably wasted about 30 minutes. I told my wife that we should go because if we couldn't even be acknowledged what was the likelihood that our order, if ever taken, would be timely delivered and fresh?

I was very disappointed as this is not the service we ever received at the other location. The husband and wife owners were always present and this would not have happened under their watch.

We left and went across Woodruff road to Spice Diner and although it is more casual we were immediately acknowledged and our drink order taken and our waitress was very attentive throughout our meal.

I'm looking forward to Napoli reopening and will soon visit them again. There is no reason to return to this Olympian although I will try the location towards Furman hoping that it retains the customer care and appreciation that Gianni and his wife showed at Congaree.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Great place for the family. Wait staff is friendly and helpful. Moussaka is the best I've ever eaten. Another favorite is the Pork Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce (not overly garlicky) and thin crust pizza. A favorite neighborhood doing place.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Top quality gyros, and service was great! Atmosphere is very nice. Will definitely be back when I am back in the area again.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

We are always satisfied with a delicious meal and good service. They have an excellent variety of specialty dishes, and a full bar.