“Don't waste your time or money here!”
Review of Sake Express - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sake Express
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

I don't believe I have ever been in an Asian (Japanese) restaurant of this poor quality. The food was not good from rice to the hibachi chicken. The decor is in poor shape where there were a few booths with tape on the seats keeping the stuffing in. The staff was friendly but not enough to make up for everything else. After dining here for lunch I read some of the reviews and agree with those who stated that the other area Sake express restaurants were much better.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

The food here is great and the dining is typically very spacious because the main attraction for this place is the drive thru. Yes, a drive thru hibachi that is as good as any sit down hibachi restaurant. This is great for a night in.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We are regulars here. Food quality is good, great tasting. Not cooked right in front of you, so no show with dinner, but it's quick and tastes great. And affordable!

Reviewed 18 April 2015

This restaurant is NOTHING like the ones in Gastonia and Belmont, NC. There were no cars in the parking lot and no one in the restaurant, but we figured it was just 11:20am and they opened at 11. However, no one else came in the whole time we were there. The ones in North Carolina are packed by noon.

Once we got our food we found out why.

The shrimp entree was 3 small shrimp and maybe an ounce of mushroom in a tiny corner of a plate full of fried brown rice. The rice had one pea and one 1/4 inch carrot cube. The was absolutely no seasoning. I poured the shrimp sauce over the rice to make it at least palatable. Drink was 75% ice. The sweet carrots side costs $2.50 and consists of 5 small carrot slices.

My wife had the chicken entree and hers was the same, a huge plate of rice with a couple of peas and a carrot cube, a few mushroom pieces and an ounce or so chicken. She had 4 and a half carrots.

This location also has a much more lmited menu than the ones in North Carolina.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I used to go here more often but hadn't been in a couple of years. I went back this week and it was all the same, really. The atmosphere is only okay. But the food is decent. I like the mushrooms. I've never seen any critters while I was there. And they kept my cup full. I guess I have simple needs...! I'll probably go back some.