“NOTHING like the Sake Expresses in North Carolina”
Review of Sake Express - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sake Express
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 April 2015

This restaurant is NOTHING like the ones in Gastonia and Belmont, NC. There were no cars in the parking lot and no one in the restaurant, but we figured it was just 11:20am and they opened at 11. However, no one else came in the whole time we were there. The ones in North Carolina are packed by noon.

Once we got our food we found out why.

The shrimp entree was 3 small shrimp and maybe an ounce of mushroom in a tiny corner of a plate full of fried brown rice. The rice had one pea and one 1/4 inch carrot cube. The was absolutely no seasoning. I poured the shrimp sauce over the rice to make it at least palatable. Drink was 75% ice. The sweet carrots side costs $2.50 and consists of 5 small carrot slices.

My wife had the chicken entree and hers was the same, a huge plate of rice with a couple of peas and a carrot cube, a few mushroom pieces and an ounce or so chicken. She had 4 and a half carrots.

This location also has a much more lmited menu than the ones in North Carolina.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I used to go here more often but hadn't been in a couple of years. I went back this week and it was all the same, really. The atmosphere is only okay. But the food is decent. I like the mushrooms. I've never seen any critters while I was there. And they kept my cup full. I guess I have simple needs...! I'll probably go back some.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I ordered the shrimp and scallops combination. When I got home and opened the bag and box this rotten smell encompassed my entire kitchen. I immediately called and told them what happened. The guy could have cared less and told me there was nothing he could do about it. I would have drove back and let them smell it for themselves, but I live 20 minutes away, and did not feel like dealing with the headache. I did not want a refund. All I asks was if I could come by later this week and get another meal. I have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years. Never again will I visit this restaurant!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rice was prepaid and sat around in a warmer. Sauces were $1.20 extra. I would skip next time I'm in town

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you like Hibachi and Teryacki Chicken, you've come to a reasonably price and good place. The rice and veggie portion is good and that shrimp sauce makes anything taste heavenly in my opinion. The fact that they have a drive-through window is very convenient too. Plenty of space for large groups.