“Excellent Lunch Spot!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I decided to try Moondoggies with a coworker who traveled from out of town. We enjoyed every aspect! The building is adorable. The service was excellent. The food was served quickly and it was delicious! I had the spicy shrimp burger with sweet potato waffle fries. Yum! My coworker had the crab cakes and she loved them. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is quaint with a limited Menu. Located in Port Royal/ Beaufort. You would expect a better selection of seafood. tilapia really.

Nothing more need be said. A lot of reviews touted the seafood.

Jim

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were in the area for a wedding & came for lunch on a Saturday after seeing it on TripAdvisor. The staff was friendly and prompt, way above-average. And the food was outstanding! I enjoyed a fish sandwich and my husband had crab cake sandwich, which were both fresh and tasty. The crab cake had a lot more crab than some places. Even the sides had perfect seasoning and weren't run-of-the-mill. the peanut butter pie & warm pecan pie desserts were wonderful! There were travelers and "regulars" there, and the conversations with our server made us feel very at home. If I lived down there, I would become a regular very quickly!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I brought a group of twelve people to Moondoggies for lunch after a three mile walk in Port Royal. The staff was very accommodating especially since I only called in our reservation fifteen minutes before we arrived. Everyone's meal looked delicious and the group gave the restaurant high marks. My own portabello sandwich was most flavorful. The atmosphere and staff are warm and welcoming. The gift shop is a nice added touch. There was also plenty of off street parking.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The last time I ate here was with a crowd of 20 plus neighbors so it was hard to give a fair review. So glad I went back! Our table ordered the Beef on Weck, Reuben, and Spriced Shrimp Burger...all excellent. Although we were told when we walked in that there would be a bit of a wait for our food since the kitchen was backed up, everything arrived in a timely manner, hot and fresh. Would go back just for the Beef on Weck sandwich..