“Best BBQ ever”

The Smokin' Pig
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We are from Cleveland Ohio and after eating here I wish there was one there. Hands down best brisket ever and we have some good BBQ in our neck of the woods. Pulled pork and pulled chicken also outstanding. The sides were exceptional as well. I had the potato salad and sweet potato fries which came with honey and powdered sugar. I had never had them this way but I loved them. Plenty of food and we had enough leftovers for another meal. Please get a franchise up to northeast Ohio!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This BBQ restaurant was recommended by an employee at the Anderson visitor center. It is only open Thursday through the weekend. We went about 4pm on a Thursday and there were only about 5 parties there. They had a nice waiting area outside with a fire pit but we didn’t have to wait. They also have an area that is enclosed now because it’s cold but in the summer it would be really nice. We had the ribs and brisket. There are 4 sauces: mustard, mild sweet, vinegar, and hot. You really don’t need any sauce though. The ribs were fabulous and perfectly cooked. However, I thought the brisket was a tad over cooked. It did fall apart but I thought it was a little dry. The jalapeño grits were absolutely outstanding and not too spicy. They also have sweet potatoes fries that are sprinkled with powder sugar and honey. They were great. If I am ever in town again, I’d revisit and just get ribs.

1  Thank VirginiaLove2Travel
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Super nice people and great barbecue. I thought the smoky flavor was excellent and authentic. You can add your own sauce and they have 4 or 5 to choose from. I prefer the sauce to be applied over many hours but this is still really great barbecue! And I just have to add this staff is just some of the nicest people you would ever want to serve you. They ooze kindness which is always an excellent flavor.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch because we figured dinner would be too long a wait from what we heard. Short wait in line. Ordered and found a table right away. Terrific service. They did mess up one order but they were really nice about it. The food was amazing. The sweet potato crunch side was perfect. Tried the collard greens and was sorry I did. Everyone loved their brisket and pork and chicken. A definite must do especially if there to visit Clemson. Portions are very generous. Prices not bad for the amount of food you get.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Valentines day was not a good day due to getting over the flu. Felt better and husband went to Easley to get us a couple plates. Couldn't find restaurant and drove to Pendleton instead. Not busy with 5 young people standing and playing around. He ordered 2 plates to go. One plate pulled pork with potato salad and slaw and second plate with ribs with pulled pork and potato salad and slaw. When he got home the orders were incorrect, One dinner was pulled pork and 2 slaws. The second was ribs only and 2 slaws. This was so bad bread was soaked in the slaw and no butter as requested also and no potato salad with 4 slaws. I doubt we will ever eat there again. If it had been busy mistakes could happen but it was not busy, Perhaps they should hire someone older and responsible to be in charge, This was almost $40.00 that was ruined by kids playing around !

1  Thank catspaw5352

Been to The Smokin' Pig? Share your experiences!