“nice getaway”
Review of Beach Cove Resort

Reviewed 25 June 2014

i was here for the Diva Half- Marathon and it was a great place to stay. The room was great and had a kitchen/living room area that was separate from the rest of the area. The balconies overlook the ocean and the pools.

buffet was good. Walking distance to shopping and eating including the House of Blues. The staff was incredibly helpful. Our flight didn't leave until later and they stored our luggage for us. They called cabs when we needed it.

The pools had plenty of space. the pool side bar had a great bartender and cook. They were so fun to talk to and made us want to stay at the bar. Great choice for families or friends on a trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary P
BCGManager, Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We always want Beach Cove to be your getaway destination. So I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. We pride ourselves on providing quality guest service, so its wonderful to hear that your received such excellent service. We will continue to always provide you with quality service.

I would love to speak with you further about your experience here at Beach Cove. I want apologize that we failed to meet your standards,and provide you with a quality vacation experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Beach Cove Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed 6/11-6/14/14 in room 10105.

Pros:
-Pool area and beach was not extremely crowded and there were plenty of chairs available.
-Breakfast buffet served in the hotel so you don't have to leave in the am
-Tiki bar serves drinks and hot dogs/burgers
-Music plays at the pool area
-Hawaiian luau at the pool on Thursday evenings with a buffet

Cons:
-Pools were pretty dirty and full of hair by the evening
-Kids were constantly dropping ice and other things from the balconies of the rooms down to the pool area. Security seemed to address it but it still continued to occur daily (no idea where there parents were??)
-Breakfast buffet was not very good. Just blah food. Charge too much for what you actually get.
-Tiki bar and food hut employees were rude. Example, My 11 yo son was waiting at a table for me to order him a hot dog and bring it over and the guy who cooks the food told him to get out of there and yelled at him.
-Music played at the pool is mostly country and very loud. Just not my taste.
-The Hawaiian buffet had only a few items on it and NOTHING for kids. I paid for a kids ticket to eat and he ended up eating nothing. Food was ok. There is a DJ playing music and hyping the buffet every 3 mins so that everyone in their rooms can hear and come down and buy a ticket. "Hey everybody we have plenty of food come on down and buy a ticket before its all gone!!!" This went on for the entire time.
-the Hawaiian show was ok but it was 3 teenage girls in coconut bras and a maybe 8 year old girl with her entire tummy showing shaking their hips and dancing. The men in our family all said it was kind of awkward to be watching little girls like that, though they were talented. Then the man who comes out at the end to spin these sticks on fire was pretty good but he dropped them like 5 or 6 times in a 5 minute performance. Was cringe-worthy.
-room was in desperate need of cleaning and updating. Used the restroom when we first went into the room and the toilet seat was up and the rim had dried pee and hairs stuck to it.....YUCK. Wiped it off and moved on. Toilet is extremely low to the ground and hard to get used to sitting on.
-Shower drain was clogged from the start. Shower curtain had black mildew on it. Just nasty. No where to hang wet towels or clothes to dry.
-Couch and beds were both hard and very uncomfortable. Each bed offers 2 small standard pillows. Just not enough for an average couple.
-None of the light switches worked initially in the bedroom. After messing with them and the lamps we finally got one to work and we lived with it.
-Kitchen stove was too scary to even try. Straight from 1960. Has to be a fire hazard. The stove hood shot a screw at me and hung crooked the rest of the time.
-Cable went out for an entire day and evening in the whole hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank crissynmike
BCGManager, Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I would love to speak with you further about your experience here at Beach Cove. I want apologize that we failed to meet your standards,and provide you with a quality vacation experience. I believe that with your feedback we could remedy some of this situations. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our room was very much in need of a major overhaul and remodel. Cabinets in kitchen were very worn, moldings missing throughout room, carpet needed replacing, wallpaper peeling and missing, crack in bath tub. Cockroaches (1/2 dozen) the second night in the kitchen. We should have asked for another room but did not. I was there for a yearly convention and would not have stayed there if it had not been for the meetings I had to attend there. Bar tender in the bar inside was very rude and cocky.
Pool areas and beach do make up a bit for the room. Those areas were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for another room if the first one is not up to standard. Some are much better than others and m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Megan J

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our first visit to the Beach Cove and it was absolutely fantastic! The spacious suite was great, the view was great, the amenities were great, and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We most definitely will be back again. Our children and grandchildren felt the same way! Thanks so much for making our vacation something really special.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth M

We are glad that you had such a special vacation experience here with us. It's exciting to know that the entire family enjoyed themselves. We hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is our third year staying at the Beach Cove. But to be honest, there may not be a fourth. Don't bother making a request, it will fall on deaf ears. We requested a certain room months in advance but were told that the room had been booked when we arrived. While we understand all requests are not guaranteed to be honered we would have liked to be given a room that is at least comparable to the one we asked for. Instead we were given what has to be one of the worst units they have. I guess there is no reward for loyalty at The Beach Cove. The kid who checked us in on Sunday morning needs to brush up on his customer service skills, he reminded me of a fraternity jerk in a bad college movie. When we got in the room we found the balcony light didnt work and I found a hairy & dirty blanket in one if the drawers. Both issues were taken care of quickly. While the room was extremely clean, the cabinets and small mini fridge had saw better days. An outlet in the hall way didnt work and neither did the safe but by this point it was just becoming more annoying to try to deal with the staff rather than report it. Towels and soap were also a problem 2 nights in a row we ended up going to the lobby for some, after 10 pm no less! And let me say Hades doesn't have anything in those hot slow elevators. There is absolutely no air in the things and one was so loud and shaky it made me extremely nervous to ride in. It's a shame that the resort seems to have lost its desire to please its guests. We are seriously considering another resort next year.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank hollybm78

I would love to speak with you in further details about your stay here at Beach Cove. We are very appreciative of our repeat guests, and we do our best to accommodate them as best as we can. I want to sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations this year. If you would please give me a call at (843) 918-9000.