New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Worst day in Myrtle beach ever...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thomas Outdoors Water Sports - Anchor Marina

Thomas Outdoors Water Sports - Anchor Marina
More attraction details
Owner description: Thomas Outdoors Watersports is located on the waterway in North Myrtle Beach, nestled in between the small fishing village of Little River and Cherry Grove Beach. With over 25 years in the watersports industry we can confidently say that we offer the Grand Strand's finest in watersports rentals. Our staff will make you feel safe and comfortable. You will take home not only great memories but great friends. Whether you are taking out a pontoon boat to Bird Island for the day or ripping through the water on a jet ski, you will most definitely leave with a smile.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worst day in Myrtle beach ever...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My wife, 2 sons and myself went on the 2 hour dolphin tour. We were very excited...needless to say the day didn't end so well.
This is a tour only to see dolphins, not a two hour excursion on jet skis for fun. We never saw any dolphins, got yelled at the entire time to stay in line, don't ride so close, don’t tik tak, don’t go so fast, don’t, don’t, don’t. Meanwhile people with other jet ski companies are riding all over the place and enjoying themselves. If you decide to ride with no fun watersports bring your own lifejacket, what they offer is yuk...mildew all over. One last thing you do for them along with way over paying is drive to the gas station and fill up the tank on their jet ski. And don't forget if you have too much fun they will shut you off and tow you back to dock. What a great experience for all. Too many other option in Myrtle beach, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

3 Thank jfwin

Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic time for the adrenaline junkie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

My family went on the 2 hour dolphin jet ski tour. My sons are 11 and 14 and had the time of their life. They can't wait to do it again! As a midwesterner new to jetskiing and having very little experience with water sports, I was surprised how fast we went and how intense the ocean waves were. It was incredible but also a little scary. The staff was excellent and kept great track of all the jetskiiers (and nobody went overboard!). They were very knowledgeable of the area and super friendly. We actually saw the dolphins in their own habitat and that was amazing!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank LisaB1321
Kearney, Nebraska
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Made Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

My family and I went on the 2 hour Dolphin Tour twice and had an awesome time both tours. The guides Jeff and Drew were knowledge and fun. Safety is their first concern. They have a briefing prior to the tour and then let the "speed demons" in the front and the more cautious ones in the back. They had a leader and someone who watched the rest of the group and never left anyone behind. We saw dolphins both times.

The first trip we were able to go out to a shrimp boat and watch the dophins. We were close and the guides knew alot about the area and the dolphins. The second trip the seas were rough and half the group went out into the ocean and had an adrenaline rush with the waves. The other half stayed in the outlet and had a blast "playing around on the skies.. On the way back to the marina we were able to see a mother and baby dolphin in the calm waters of the river.

The rest of the staff that were on land were friendlly and helpful. This is s tour you do
not want to miss. We took the 8am tour both times. Thanks to everyone at Thomas Water Sports for a memorable time.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank beeg1526
DC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Most exhilerating Jet Skiing I have ever done.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

My husband took me jet skiing for my birthday while we were on vacation. There are not a lot of places to book jet skis but he looked online at reviews and called around and found Thomas .... We were very happy with our experience. The staff is very focused on safety, but they want you to have a good time as well. Once we got out onto the ocean it was free for all. We got to ride the Jet Skis like crazy.."ride'em like we stole'em" was the motto we were given and that we did. I would recommend this place for any jet ski rental. What we liked most is that there was no course once were on the ocean. Other companies make you stay on a course which gets VERY boring, but we had free reign. Our guide took us to see some dolphins but a shrimping boat was hard a work so no dolphins were around.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank RUREC95
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We rented 6 jet skis for 10 people and only 2 of us were experienced. The jet skis were all in great shape. The guides were awesome! Very patient with my mom because she was so nervous. They put the faster people in front and the slower at the end. They are very safety conscience and very informative. They took us out by the fishing boats where the dolphins hang around. I was like a little kids when I saw them. I think I was more excited then my kids :) Very happy with the whole experience! Well worth it! Don't forget your sunblock!

1 Thank Mich991