“2 NIGHT STOPOVER”

Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Very good value. Excellent staff,very friendly and helpful check in staff- especially Allysia. Very good breakfast with real orange juice (not watered down like some hotels). Rooms a bit dated & could do with a little sprucing up. Nice beach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stayed here for a week in August. Property is right off the beach with easy access. Rooms are simple but clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was good, had an array of hot items which is all I need to make me happy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good experience, would go again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My wife and I highly recommend the BW Ocean Sands Beach Resort. Our room was 4th floor OCEANFRONT in the main building that contains the registration office and had a nice balcony with two chairs that were great to view the beach and ocean. This hotel is a bargain compared to larger hotels further south in Myrtle Beach and its North Myrtle Beach location is less crowded too.
Our room was spacious and nicely updated with nearly new flooring and the King bed was very comfortable. The room was so big that it took us a few hours to get the A/C temperature adjusted to our liking, but it was not a bad problem.
The staff at Ocean Sands was amazing in their helpfulness and courtesy from the front desk staff to the housekeeping ladies.
Free breakfast until 10:00 in the morning was appreciated as was the small refrigerator/freezer in our room.
Location, great staff, clean and good value for the buck...The Ocean Sands has it all.

Room Tip: Room 402 in the Main Building where Registration is located is nicely updated.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN OC... H, Manager at Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

What an awesome review! Please come see us again soon as we have a few drinks set aside for you!!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Room 314 for the week of August 12-18.

First let me say I am probably the pickiest person on the face of the earth. I am the epitome of a snobby Yankee. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. My husband and I have been staying here for the past 3 years and will never stay anywhere else. Our stay over the past week has been the best yet.

So lets review my housekeeping. Awesome! I'm not sure where the other complaints have come from but my room was always clean and fresh. I always had plenty of towels (Sorry John but I left 3 down by the pool!) and my pillows were fluffed! I mean come on, Janieka (I think thats her name) even rolled up my flat iron cord when she cleaned the bathroom! Thanks, Girl! She didnt have to do that. She could have tossed it to the side while cleaning the bathroom. Its the little things.

The hotel. Yes its a little older but I feel they do their best to keep it maintained. The staff is full force all day long doing something. Let me say I am extremely sensitive to mold. I have yet to smell any inkling of mold in any of the rooms we stayed in. But news flash people you are in a moist environment. Mold can appear at anytime. I have never seen a bug in my room. And let me tell you, if there was everyone of you would have heard me screaming. Are there bugs outside? Umm yea, the hotel is not in a bubble people!

The staff. I love these people. All day long its "Good morning " "Have a nice day" "Do you need anything?" Again, I am not sure where some of the other reviewers stayed but they couldn't of possibility stayed where I am.

Breakfast is your standard hot continental breakfast. Is it crowded sometimes? Of course. But you always have the option of going down the street and waiting an hour to be seated and pay for your breakfast.

The pool area is always clean. My favorite part of the day is sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee and watching the guys clean the pool area. Movie night by the pool was a great addition and we really enjoyed it.

The beach is a hop, skip and a jump. This section of the beach seems way less crowded then further down.

John, my only suggestion. Maybe implement a silicone wrist band system for guests. There were several "guests" that told us they stay down the street and come here to eat breakfast and use the pool daily. One of which had 6 kids. I know with a hotel this size it is difficult but I think guests wearing the bands would deter a lot of people from using the ammenities.

I'll be back next year and the year after and so on. People that are complaining can go rent a condo (like my sister in law) for $3000 a week. Where there is no housekeeping, no free breakfast and you have to bring your own sheets and towels. You also get to pay an additional cleaning fee of $150 on top of the rental fee.

I personally didnt feel like security was issue. No you dont need your room key to get into the building. But every room has a bar. If you feel the self locking door isnt enough than close the bar.

Also, I had the pleasure of being here with one of the families that left a bad review. Please take it with a grain of salt. Nothing would have satisfied those people. When your kids are unruly, throwing food from the balcony and down right rude it says a lot about their prospective. I also listened to the mother relentlessly complain about the broken dryer. Maintainence was doing everything in their power to fix it. I think a part ended up needed to be ordered. These things happen and I am sure Ocean Sands didnt break the dryer on purpose just to irritate you.

The worst part of my stay? Having to leave!

John and staff. Keep doing what you're doing. You help many of us make fabulous memories.

See you next year!
Love, your very hoitey toitey yankee guest

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie V
BEST WESTERN OC... H, Manager at Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to bestow upon you the Award of: ONE FANTASTICALLY AWESOME GUEST!!!!

We have printed this review out and have it displayed in our office for all employees to see. We definitely work hard as a team and are most appreciative of this type of recognition!

Please keep an eye towards your mailbox. We have something coming for you!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Every time I go to the beach I stay at Ocean Sands Best Western Resort in North Myrtle Beach. They are consistently a great hotel with desirable amenities especially my favorite, BREAKFAST!. And they are always improving things. i like staying in the Annex Building which has only 3 floors and is like a little motel by itself, walk out the door and down a path of white sand to the beach. How much more convenient is that? Oh yeah, and my car is parked in a mini-parking lot right in front of the rooms. That's another reason I like this Annex Building of the Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BEST WESTERN OC... H, Manager at Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Mr. Don, you're awesome! Come see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
1.6 km away
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
6.2 km away
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#9 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
24.3 km away
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!