“An amazing ride! Can't wait to go back!!!!!”

Inlet Point Plantation Stables
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I did the 2.5 hr ride for experienced riders. I have been riding for 20 years and this is a real gem! The trail wound through the lovely wooded plantation arriving at a pristine beach. It really felt like we were on a desert island. We had plenty of canters and galloping on a deserted beach is a rare, rare treat!!! Walking back through the surf was very meditative. We then rode back exploring more of the plantation.

They have 50 horses, lovely pasture and immaculate stalls. My horse was very responsive and my guide (Mallory?) was delightful and very committed to customizing the ride to me.

Note on Photographer -
I would have preferred a brief heads up/explanation before the ride. We got to the beach and she suddenly appeared and I was asked to pose etc.. Not what I wanted to be doing at that moment. She then rode behind us for our first gallop. it just threw me a bit as I wasn't sure how long she was staying. In her defense she left very quickly so we could have the beach to ourselves again. I just would have preferred a heads up at the barn, explaining what was going to happen, so I wasn't surprised. I only bought one photo as I didn't want to spend more money but she took amazing photos.

4  Thank DreamingofHorses
There are newer reviews for Inlet Point Plantation Stables

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We are not veteran horse people. but we enjoy horseback riding along the beach. This one was mostly in the forest, but some was along the coastal inlet. Our guide was a wonderful young lady who was a bundle of information about the area, the horses,and life in general The price is a little steep but this is first class organization and well worth it.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Very friendly staff and we will definitely return there.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The first thing I would say as a tip is: when you are trying to get to the stables, you go down a very long unpaved road...keep going, keep going, keep going. We thought we had made a wrong turn, but, the stables are at the very end.
We went during the hottest time of day, on one of the hottest days, yet, it wasn't unbearable. We took the beach ride. It was a little warm, yet the shaded ride to the beach kept us cool. Our guide was great! I think her name was Katie? Everyone was so friendly. It ended up being just our family(4 of us) and the guide. What a nice personal ride.
I agree with another reviewer....if you wear shorts, have a blanket to protect your legs. I wore capris and felt fine, but my son had shorts and his legs were a little sore.
Our guide was very friendly! She was very patient with our inexperienced riding. We trotted when we could, I'm sure if we wanted, we could have even done more. The beach was beautiful! All alone! No one around. Would have been fun to be able to get off the horses for a minute, but we were there for horseback riding, right? Met on the beach with their own personal photographer. It was nice that they provide that, yet, I don't really like feeling the pressure at the end to buy more things. (I didn't see the sign that said no loose items....I had my camera, and was taking pictures the whole time). I bought two pictures..I believe 50 bucks, but, it was one of our whole group on the beach, LOVE it.
They do seem to have a monopoly during the summer if you want to ride on the beach, no other horseback stables can be on the actual beach until September. This stable gets by this by actually owning the land that we rode on. So, this was a little pricey in my eyes, but, we loved every minute!
People were friendly! Free ice cream at the end while you look through your pictures. Plantation was beautiful...saw some deer on our ride.

6  Thank frmgrl21
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Myself and 2 other women went on the experienced rider 3 hr beach ride. It started off with us arriving and waiting for about 15 min since we arrived at 8 am. ALWAYS try and do it in the morning! Soooo much cooler! Then they brought our horses out to us, we mounted up, met our tour guide Malory and headed out. It took us about 30-45 min to get to the actual ocean, but it was a beautiful ride to get there. If you do the experienced ride, make sure you can hang on at a full gallop! We were all on QH's while our guide was on a pacer, she flew and ours followed even if you tried to hold them back! It was fun running through the paths to the beach! Then we got to the beach and just took it in for awhile! You are allowed a cell w/ a camera, even though there is a sign in lobby stating no loose objects! And they don't care if you snap & record away! After we got passed the shock, she asked us if we wanted to run somemore, so we ran for about 10-15 min at a time. And those horses definitely GO! The only thing you need to watch for, other people said you can wear shorts/capris's so we did. But IF you DO NOT take a towel with you to put under your butt, your legs will get rubbed raw from all the galloping! If you are on a walk only, then you should be alright! But my legs got rubbed raw when my mare threw up sand while running. They do stop you at the far end of the beach to have a pro take pics. She will pull you out 1x1 to do individuals and them groups, then if you are not experienced, your guide will have you follow (at whatever pace your comfy with) and get action shots. Since we all were experienced we just galloped some more down the beach together while she drove on a UTV to take pics! After some more beach riding, you will make your way back, you HAVE to walk back (so horses dont get barn sour) and she took us a different way. We chatted with her the whole time and it was great! When you get back you go inside and get you pic of I've cream/pop sickles/etc. And as many as you want! The photographer will have your pics ready for you to look at and you can choose to buy them in many dofferent ways. She took almost 300 of us! And since we didnt get any action shots on our phones we decided to buy them all on a SD card. It was expensive ($200) but for us 3 to split, not that bad. Overal if was a lot of fun! The horses were well taken care of! It was $175 p/p for our ride, which we all worked odd jobs for a month to save up. If you have the $, I would definitely do this! It was really hot at the barn, but at the ocean it was nice and cool with the breeze! The longer the ride, the longer you get to be on the beach, we were there for over an hour and that was plenty!

3  Thank Cassi189