All reviews spanish galleon lazy river room was clean hot tub within walking distance amusement park breakfast buffet main street indoor pool murphy bed full size refrigerator labor day weekend great beach easy access to the beach family vacation balcony od
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Hotel was within steps of Main St. where there are shops and restaurants but rooms needed to be updated and air conditioning unit cycled on and off constantly and was very loud. Couldn't sleep because of the AC. The hotel also needed some TLC throughout and only one of the restaurants connected to the hotel was open. There was no bottled water in the vending machine by the pool for several days but when I told them at the desk they were kind enough to get me some water from the staff vending machine. Also, the breakfast buffet didn't have ANY fresh fruit. Not even bananas. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't worth the price. There were no "do not disturb" door tabs. Also, there was no AC in the elevators.
Lastly, I don't know why the name had "golf" in the name. There was no mention of anything golf related.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C8016UUleslies
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The front desk people were great. But the place is old and needs updating badly. Elevator buttons are worn. Carpets are dirty. Handles a lot of traffic so that is likely the problem. It was fine for a quick night in town I suppose but I would not spend any large amount of time here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cduby15
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Between my visit in 2016, and my return in 2017, most of the problems i had with Ocean Drive have been fixed. The Wi-Fi works much better now, and even extends for a respectable distance off the grounds. The broken games in the arcade have been removed and replaced with ones that seem fully functional.

The only annoyance that persisted from last time to this time is the absence of "Do Not Disturb" signs in rooms. As before, you have to request one from the front desk. I don't know why they don't keep them in the individual rooms, as has been the case in every other hotel or motel I've visited in my life.

But aside from that, I have no complaints. The rooms are affordable, clean, and comfortable; parking is easily accessible; the food is good; and the staff was always perfectly courteous.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2017

this was our first time staying here. some of the reviews I read, said they had a problem with staff and front desk. I thought everyone was very nice and helpful. it did take about 40 mins to check in due to long lines..the lobby as very spacious and comfy. the room was clean. I didn't really like the bathroom layout. the tolit and shower were in a tiny space and the sink was outside, not much privacy. the air would go off when. you opened the balcony doors and it took along time coming back. great pools and hottubs.my grandkids love there bedroom will go back again

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Ok.... I feel the need to give my honest opinion here. We paid about $1,600.00 after tax for a week here and for that kind of money the rooms and beds are a bit small but they were clean with a great view. The workers at the front desk are nice and helpful but oh my the staff that cleans are EXTREMELY RUDE!!!!! they act as if you are bothering them to even say "Hello". Mind you we typically tip our hotel cleaning people well but these girls will be getting no tip when we leave tomorrow due to attitude. My Son slipped and fell walking from the pool because they refuse to invest in pool area carpets inside the building and one guy that cleans the floor all day laughed at him instead of helping him up. (A couple people fell there the week we were here). That's he kind of attitude you get here. The water pressure in the showers is extremely weak!! There are no do not disturb signs so workers come to clean whenever. Aside all that we would likely stay again because they are in a great location and they are clean but it's still pricey for what you get. And the restaurant attached to the facility is expensive for rude service and not so great food. $12.00 per plate even for kids!!! And the workers at the bar lost our business due to them completely ignoring us at the bar after several tries so we bought drinks elsewhere. This place could sure use an attitude adjustment on everyone except the front desk. And the worker who laughed at our little boy that fell (who just had an extremely scary medical issue he is getting over) better hope Karma doesn't bite him for being so mean. He was rude all week. And please invest in some pool rugs before someone gets seriously hurt!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family