See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Currently staying here for work. They just changed out all the beds and a majority of the furniture. So it's being updated as we speak. Staff is really nice. We ask them for something and it's done right then. Across the street seems to be a bad part of town but they have plenty of cameras and make you feel safe here. No complaints.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank scgoodgy23
rodewayinnnorthchar1, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m very glad that our hotel impressed you in so many ways. We focus on offering a guest experience that will satisfy a wide range of travelers. When you’re in the area again, I hope you will make us your first choice. We’ll be here when you need us with another great stay that you’re sure to like again.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Average just Average.. Room was as expected for the price paid. Breakfast was the average too. I stay at a lot of Choice Hotels. Normally not a Rodeway, I now know why!! Old, Smokey, a bit dirty, needs paint, lock your doors, and by all means do not look for things that you really do not want to find.. Very Good, was the staff. Especially Dolly. Dolly mission is to make your day. Very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Pick the side away from Highway.. Very Noisy all night. Go for first floor and park outside your room. and watch your car.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod0530
rodewayinnnorthchar1, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comment. I am glad you like our friendly staff and Dolly was appreciated for the great customer service. Maintenance staff was informed about the issue you reported and was informed to check and do the necessary changes. Hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I've held back on this review for several weeks so that Rodeway Inn, and Choice Hotels, their parent company, had a chance to address issues I took some trouble to bring to their attention, and fix them. But time's up - they obviously don't give a cuss, so here's my review. The story is pretty clear from my letter to Choice Hotel's CEO, Stephen Joyce, copied below, which I mailed to his office in Arizona four weeks ago. I booked a room for August three months in advance, and ended up having to sleep on the floor both nights. When I phoned to complain, I was told it was too bad. When I wrote to CEO Stephen Joyce, neither he nor one of his minions could be bothered even to acknowledge the letter. This is a terrible, terrible company that holds its customers in contempt, and the North Charleston Rodeway could possibly be the worst hotel in any democracy. It's a disgrace.

Below this the Rodeway Inn management will post something that says they are sorry I didn't have a satisfactory stay, and that they appreciate my complaint, and they'll use it to learn to do better in future. But none of that is true. It it was, there wouldn't be one complaint after the other here, all saying how dire the Ashley Phosphate Rodeway is, with nothing changing, month after month after month. Any response to this will just be lies. Frankly if that's all you've got, I wouldn't bother.

"You get what you pay for" is fine. But when you pay, as I did, and you don't even get what you pay for, you've been robbed. Go anywhere except this place. Choose any chain except Choice Hotels. They don't want to provide even the minimum service. They want you to pay your money, and then regret it afterwards. They won't care. They are disgraceful. Steer clear.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank djhc2
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

djhc2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such thorough and revealing feedback. We are very sorry to hear the unprofessional act of the clerk. We already informed the management about this for necessary actions. We value our customers well and we apologize for mistake of the clerk. Our main goal is to serve our guests above and beyond and satisfy them during their stay but it is saddening to learn that your expectations weren't met. You are welcome to contact us at the Hotel, should you have any other concerns about your stay. We hope that you would consider us again in the future so we may change your views about our hotel and management.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This motel smells bad. enclose it !
The worst I never had.
No wifi it don't work.
The washing machine don't work either.
The area isn't safe. They just forcing a car on the parking !!! Go away !!!
Old fridge, bugs in the room, too expansive for the quality.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanechic
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

vanechic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Your concerns regarding the level of cleanliness and outdated condition of the facility will be addressed accordingly. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed here one night for 'the great solar eclipse'. Every place around was booked and we didn't expect much for a two - two and a half star rating but this was by far the worst place we have stayed. We also realize the hotel is probably never fully booked so this may have been an unfrequently used room, but there is no excuse for such dirt.
First we stated we would be arriving late, but the desk person said they overbooked and we would have to be in a smoking room or there was nothing else. I told her I'm highly sensitive/allergic to smoke and she said all the rooms went earlier, "someone even called to switch a room that didn't have a smoke doctor and we didn't have anything". No apology.
We went in and the smell was horrible. We went to the local Walgreens and bought Fabreeze and Lysol, as there was also a large pub le of water on the floor from the air conditioner and mold on the air conditioner vent. After spraying everything my husband put a towel on the puddle and wiped down the tile floor so we didn't slip from the spray and moisture from humility, it was black from the dirt on the floor. There were splattered stains on the walls in the bathroom, the sink was cracked, and there were stains on the doors, phone, counters, and curtains.
We appreciated the newer counter for the sink and newer shower stall, but there was mold growing where the top half attached to the bottom have of the stall.
It's unfortunate that the majority of our concerns stemmed solely from filth and while it is just an old motor inn it could be a nice inexpensive place to stay.
We would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: One that you view first to see if it is clean
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Lisab357AD,

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping, smelled smoke in your room and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. We will address the housekeeping task right away for the benefit of our future guests, which hopefully will include yourself.