US$199
US$171
Staybridge.com
Holiday Inn Express Charleston North(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$132
Hotels.com
US$193
US$183
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The receptionist was nice, good parking the location was good and not too far from downtown. However, I was not happy that breakfast ended directly at 9:00 am. Not happy that we had a problem with the tv, and no one showed until an hour or so later. Also, I had problems logging onto my laptop, only to discover that the WIFI had been disabled, our room keys were demagnetized before check-out, hotel maintenance took a couple of hours to show up when we had an issue with our cable service. FInally, we were reassured that we could settle our bill on a different credit card. To our dismay they settled the bill on the card used to hold our reservation. Not the card of our choice. A lesson learned!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We stayed here before a cruise because it had transportation to and from the cruise ship and we could park the car at the hotel while we cruised. This place is old, outdated, and filthy. Took forever to check in as the lady clerk likes to talk. Did not eat breakfast there. No way!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank camarocindy
Reviewed 25 May 2017

stayed here before cruise. room look ok. but the bed had been pee in and was very wet. look like it was just made up , never changes sheets. it was so wet if sheets were change out housekeeper would have know that room could not be rent out in that shape. they did change our room but the next room was dirty too no towel in the room and the floor need to be mop. they did take off $20. but they had charge me more to start with. I had pre booked it with a deposit of 27.60 and the balance was to be 74.75 including tax and they charge me 99.99 plus tax of 14.59.

Room Tip: never book this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Well I visited the Charleston Grand Hotel on the night of 6 May 2017. I must tell you it was experience. First of all checking in was really simple and my room was on the 4th floor period they told me I had a suite. What changes a regular room from The Suite is a half wall next to the bed and a couch on the other side. Okay now when I got there to the room the bed was not made. In fact the blanket from the bed was laying in a clump on the couch. Okay I guess I could live with that. So I went to get some ice. The ice bucket was not complete . Well I went to the room across the hall which is empty time and check their ice bucket , it was also not complete. I want down the hall and finally found a ice bucket that was complete and even with a plastic bag in it albeit a trash bag. So then I was off to find the ice machine. It was right around the corner so I was pretty lucky but it didn't work. I asked an employee if there was an ice machine on every and I was told yes so I went to the third floor for ice however there's no ice machine on the third floor. So I went up to the 5th floor where I finally found one. When I tried to turn on the TV. it was a smart TV but I apparently was not smart enough to work it. I hit the cable button on the screen and then I clicked on another cable button on the screen to no avail. Then I went to the internet connection on the screen and that didn't work either. I I went to channel stream but again no luck. So I went back to the front desk and I asked how to turn on the television so it would work they said they would send me up mr. Clarence. List of Clarence arrived and put the remote control on to antenna, the only button I hadn't used and on came the screen. And he left while I proceeded to find what I could find to watch on TV. However the remote did not have any buttons to change channels and there were no numbers on the remote so I couldn't push the different channel number at this point I was disgusted and went back to the front desk and told me to switch my room. I said I would gladly go to the room across the hall which had a regular TV with a regular remote. They said I had a a suite and I said I don't care. I didn't even know I ordered a suite when I reserved the room. So I went back to my room and I waited again mr. Clarence and we rebooted the television so it would show channels however instead of giving me any more difficulties mr. Clarence just switch the TVs with the room across the hall. Now I can watch normal television channels which is all I really wanted to do until leaving for my event. If it had not been for mr. Clarence I don't know what I would have done he is the BrightStar amongst the dark experience in the hotel. Thank you mr. Clarence wherever you are right now and if you choose the Grand Hotel try to find something else. Now I can say my experience was a normal experience or one of a kind that's up for you to say it was comparing this review with the other reviews on the page. Breakfast was OK in the morning nothing spectacular coffee and a continental breakfast with Belgian waffles. and check-out was relatively easy. Again thank you mr. Clarence. I will tell you that the desk clerk who could have helped me by just wishing my room was absolutely no help since I was willing to downgrade with no difference in what I paid. We should not have to go through this when looking for a place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hogguy1947
Reviewed 8 May 2017

On a recent trip to Charleston, my friends and I looked for an affordable hotel outside of the city. We read reviews of this place, but held comments of the negatives loosely, as many people tend to over exaggerate on reviews. I can stay anywhere, I don't have unreasonably high standards, and I generally try to see the good in everything. This hotel was the cheapest and closest location we could find- that is the positive. We paid $271 and some change for two nights of stay. We did stay. We stayed for two full nights. It could be worse. Some of the highlights, almost all regarding cleanliness: the glass door had grease smears all over it. It looked like two palms had been placed on the window until every part was smeared. The linens were stained, and not pressed. All were wrinkled which again gave the appearance of lack of cleanliness. The glasses for drinking had dirt in them and dust as well. There was a bloody booger on the wall of the bathroom. The shower curtain had molded. The room smelled of urine when the a/c kicked off. There was a dried line of liquid of some type on a bedside table. The table and desk were dusty and smeared with grease (or something). Also, one of my friends was trapped in an elevator at one point. And the elevator stopped unevenly on the floors so that you could trip or fall into the elevator.

I like to be fair, so I would say that the receptionist was super nice and kind and heard our complaints. Although we were told that no other room would provide any changes from what we had described. The hotel is a great location, right next to I-26. There was breakfast of some type provided, although we passed on eating there because of the rooms cleanliness. There is free, reliable, fast wi-fi.

Basically this: If you want a cheaper place to stay, this is an option. But with the cheap price comes disgusting conditions. I was willing to save a buck or two. I hope this helps you make an informed decision. It was a nice adventure, but I wouldn't do it again :)

Room Tip: Get a low floor so you don't have to take the sketchy elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends