All reviews front desk enjoyed my stay cracker barrel two nights checking out room was clean shower lobby charleston
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2020

I have stayed here for one or two nights a month for about a year & would recommend it. Verna at the front desk is always professional & inviting & makes me feel welcome as soon as i arrive. Nothing is too much trouble if i have a request, regardless of the time of day.

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2020

Hotel was very clean, almost looked like it had a recent renovation. Front desk was polite and accommodating. Made reservation online because it had all the extras I liked. Free gourmet breakfast, exercise room, indoor pool. However no food, no exercise - due to covid-19. Wished it was mentioned when I made reservations. Minor irritations like ice machine on my floor didn't work. TV was missing remote. Shower water didn't get hot enough.

Reviewed 8 July 2020

I stayed here for 6 nights and could not have asked for better staff members. The hotel is new and fresh looking. The room was nice. The bathroom had a large walk in shower. The bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, this stay was during the pandemic and the pool was closed and breakfast was very limited. There is a mini market on site for all your snack and necessary needs. It was my first time in the area. I was impressed and will return!

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank KellyS915
Reviewed 7 July 2020

In lieu of Covid-19, I checked in & did a thorough cleaning of the room. The front desk clerks, Verna, Carmella & Jaylan were nice. However, the manager, Tanya Curtis is rude! She made a comment to my daughter when I wasn't present that she could've said to me. Furthermore, her comment was unnecessary. The room that I booked allowed six people. I had five. She mentioned not allowing parties in "her hotel" because "she don't play that!" I had to go in & speak with her about it. No apology was offered! Professionalism & customer service are major to me. It doesn't matter what race we both are. Remain professional. Prior to all of this, I complimented her when I first saw her & she couldn't even say thank you. One of the employees had to ask her if she heard me. She replied, "thank you." This tells me that she heard me the first time. While checking out, I had to say good morning twice before she responded. She's not a nice person. I've worked in customer service all of my adult life. It's major to me! She needs further training in this area. Also, upon checking in, I booked with hotels.com. They only saw reservations for one room when I had two. They never asked if it was booked under another name. Tanya referenced that I needed to call hotels.com to straighten things out. She recapped & said she'd fix it on her end. Later that night, 10:08pm, I received a call from them regarding the same room! Other than this, our stay was fine.

Reviewed 6 July 2020

Only some people that worked there were good and nice employees but people at the front desk were mean to us and this one woman named eve was rude to this one girl and arguing with her for who knows what but an employee should be nice to someone who is paying to stay for a NICE time!

Trip type: Travelled with family