All reviews breakfast area mini fridge other guests enjoyed my stay other hotels two nights room was clean front desk ihop shower elevator lobby beds noise
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

As many travelers have said before the breakfast is lacking, not even worth it. The hotel was sold out during our stay and other guests were hoarding the food because it was coming out so slow. They only had one attendant and she was trying the best she could but no one way to keep up with demand. The area they have the breakfast in was so crowded, after 5 people in there it starts getting claustrophobic. Definitely do not count on having a good breakfast here, just walk to Cracker Barrell or Ihop or hopefully if enough people complain they will change this. They could for sure be a 4 star hotel if this would be upgraded.

The pool area is another lacking area. On the website it is advertised as a heated, saltwater pool. It is neither. The water was so cold my kids were shivering and couldn't stay in too long. There was so much chlorine our eyes were burning. The pool is also very small, do not count on doing any laps in here and no hot tub either. The first time we went there was no towels, so my kids had to run back to the room soaking wet. The last time they brought towels but it was after we brought some down from the room.

Also, when our room was cleaned only one bed was made, the other one wasn't even touched. Maybe they were interrupted while cleaning, that is the only thing I can think of on why it was halfway cleaned. Also, no ironing board in the room, but did have a iron.

So why the 3 stars after this review? The rooms are quite spacious, a lot bigger than most hotels. The hotel is newer, so everything is maintained well. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. My husband and I were talking on the elevator about needing more towels and a housekeeper overheard us and asked what room number. He then brought us towels within 10 minutes. The beds are comfy and air works great.

A decent hotel to stay in, especially if you can get it for a good rate but do note the negatives so you won't be surprised.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ricky R, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Charleston - Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Msmattox-
Thank you for your prompt review and comments form your weekend stay. Breakfast was certainly a crowed area during the weekend as we were running 100% occupancy and many of the rooms had children so there were plenty of hungry mouths to feed. We will strengthen our training in the breakfast area so the staff can keep up with the demand.
I am a bit puzzled about your pool comments as we don't use chlorine since it is a salt water pool. Housekeeping has been notified about making sure there are ample pool towels available in the pool area.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My two most recent visits home to Charleston have unfortunately been for not so positive circumstances. The first stay at the Comfort Suites North Charleston was from Aug 10th - 15th after coming in due to a death in my family. The most recent stay was from Aug 31st - Sep 2nd after coming in again due to my father in the hospital.

Despite the circumstances, both stays at this Comfort Suites location were one of the few brights spots of my visit. I have never seen this much caring and compassion from any other Comfort Inn/Suites locations in the past as I did from the North Charleston group. I would like to specifically thank Dawnn, Britney, William, and Crystal for going above and beyond in their efforts to bring me some much needed happiness during a sad situation.

On the next to last day of my first visit, I poked my head out of my room because I heard the cleaning crew outside. I didn't need much and only needed a roll of toilet paper due to leaving the next day. When I talked to Dawnn, and she asked if I needed anything else. I told them I didn't because I was leaving the next morning. I struck up a conversation with both her and Will which involved my reason for coming home. Up to that point, I hadn't really talked to anybody on why I was home.

It was good to talk to some genuine human beings like Dawnn and Will who really listened. They provided some much needed comfort because the sting of my cousin's passing was still fresh. But that was just the start. I went off to run some errands and didn't return until later that evening. When I returned, I received one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises that I can ever recall in recent memory. Dawnn, Britney, Will, and Crystal really went above and beyond in terms of customer service, caring, compassion, and hospitality.

My room was operating room clean for starters. But they also left an assortment of candy, snacks, and other little goodies which definitely helped me feel better after a rough week. To top it off they left a beautiful card which literally left me speechless. As a result, I will always stay at this Comfort Suites North Charleston in the future. And more importantly, I made three new friends whom I all hold dear to my heart.

I have stayed at this Comfort Suites North Charleston location for a total of three times and each stay is always an excellent one. Every Comfort Suites staff member I have encountered at this location is always nice, friendly, and accommodating. Thank you again for doing what you do. It is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear smwormer48-

First of all thank you for taking the time to write a very comprehensive review of our property. The entire staff is happy to know that despite the reasons for your visit that we were able to lift your spirits.
Your review is being shared with the staff and the management company.
Hoping to see you soon under happier circumstances.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Excellent hotel at a reasonable price. The room is spacious and everything is thought out for the traveler, there is a TV, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. It smells nice, the beds are very comfortable, the linen is clean and fresh. Liked the design in the lobby. Breakfasts are included, although they are monotonous, but for tourists who stop for a couple of days - uncritical. There is a small indoor pool and a good gym. Service good, the only negative, perhaps, put the cleaning, it was not so thorough. But in general I am happy with this hotel and I can recommend it!

Room Tip: we lived on the 3rd floor - we liked it)
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Was met warmly by front desk staff and offered assistance with my luggage by the houseman. Large lobby and breakfast area. My room had 2 queen beds as well as a sofa bed and an A/C that turned out very cold air. Hotel has a salt water indoor pool and a complete exercise room. Enjoyed my stay and will return on my next trip to North Charleston.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We pulled in I went inside and waited for 30minutes went back outside to talk to my partner he asked me what was up and I said to him no one is here so he told me to go knock on the office door so I did and no one answered so we went back outside so we saw a car light and she was staying next to the car on her phone laughing so I asked her if she worked here and she got very rude and asked me WHY WHAT DO YOU NEED. So we left and spent our money elsewhere . I think her name was Jerrica if I read her name tag right there wasn’t no need to be rude just because you wasn’t doing your job right but we will never stay here ever again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple