Lowest prices for your stay
US$235
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Residence Inn
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
PricelineUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
Trip.comUS$251
All reviews fire pit front desk person close to the airport nice stay hot breakfast charleston walmart outlets maintenance interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2021

We arrived early (1:00 pm) for a two night stay and were delighted that we were able to do so. Check-in was seamless, rooms were clean and spacious. Provided toiletries were a little lacking (no body lotion and only two towels). Upon returning to our room for the second night, the room had not bee serviced. We turned on the TV and then found a notice on the screen that the room would not be serviced unless requested. Wished we had been told that at check-in, because was easy to overlook on the TV. Considering the close proximity to the airport, there were no noticeable noise issues. Otherwise, our stay was pleasant and would not hesitate staying here again.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank BamaGrandslammer
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

As a Marriott Gold Club Member, I reserved my room 2 weeks in advance. With the Marriott Bonvoy app, I confirmed my check in time of 4 pm. the day before arrival.

Because of the Pandemic, we picked up a Togo dinner from a local restaurant before arriving at the hotel at 5:30 pm planning to enjoy our dinner in the well equipped hotel room.

On arrival at the hotel and without any advance notice, we were told that OUR ROOM was not clean and would not be available for at least another 30 minutes even though there were over 30 room keys staged on the managers desk for customers who had not yet arrived. The large hotel lobby was empty as well. Out of the 100s of rooms and customers, my room was the only room not available when I arrived.

As a Gold Club member, I asked for an upgrade and was told the hotel was fully booked and no upgrades were available.

We took our Togo food and took a table in the empty breakfast area overlooking the fire pit and outdoor area. We ate our food in an open lobby during the pandemic because we chose not to eat in our car or out in the cold courtyard where one of the hotel staff was taking a smoking break.

While eating our Togo meal at a dirty table, we watched several other customers arrive and check in without any delay.

At 6 pm, we were told our room was not available but the receptionist could now offer an upgraded room where as 30 minutes before no upgrades existed in a sold out hotel. There was no explanation. We took the upgrade. The front desk manager was working very hard and was very polite. I assume management and ownership directs her to delay service and accommodations to individual customers who are not part of a convention group.

Marriott Gold Club members are treated just as poorly as anyone else at this hotel. It is a conference hotel and not for the general public or couples or families.

Unacceptable.

The room was very quiet and provided a great nights sleep. The staff was friendly and genuinely wanted to know if i had enjoyed my stay. The room had everything you could want. Great TVs.

The breakfast is a disaster. They provided an unopened box of breakfast bars, 6 day old milk, and no instant grits and no fruit.

Unacceptable.

Bring food with you. We brought eggs and made breakfast in the room which had everything you needed in a kitchen.

Smoking is allowed at all entrances and exits so you will get a good dose of second hand smoke every time you come and go. All outdoor areas are for smokers and non smokers are not allowed to enjoy any private areas.

Unacceptable.

I was once a dedicated Marriott customer but will now stay wherever there is a quiet and clean room. If this is how they treat there best customers, how do they treat everyone else.

Bring a sleep visor to cover your eyes, the smoke detectors are mounted directly over the beds and the LED lights illuminate the entire bed in the dark. See attached pictures.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Misty Wise, Owner at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

ybythekitchen, thank you for recognizing our beautiful renovation. The hotel has been made new, undergoing extensive renovations, which are now complete and ready to be enjoyed. Our team welcomes feedback even when it seems a stay did not go as planned. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the entire team. We strive to offer the best service to all guests and hope that you will be our guest again in the future. Stay well and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

I used to stay here for work 7 or 8 years ago and always loved staying here. This time I could see they need some help and are getting sloppy. Hole in the bathroom door, room was dirty, coffee maker and toaster were filthy, floor was sticky in kitchen, glasses still had red lipstick on them. It was really a disappointment for a hotel I used to really like.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Vinny0014

Vinny, thank you for your feedback. Our beautiful newly renovated property is maintained in a consistent manner. We regret that your experience was not consistent with past stays. Please know our spectacular renovation is complete and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 13 February 2020

Stays here historically have been good. This time, we experienced: 1) Dirty pots and pans sitting in the room doorway at check in, 2) No cold running water, which made for robustly hot showers, 3) Item 2 was reported to the front desk twice with no resolution except mentioning the renovations had something to do with it, 4) Our room 3315 had a bit of an odor to it, and 5) Stairwells were just dirty. James, the manager, and I exchanged phone messages about my concerns, but he's left me hanging at this point in time.

We will likely stay elsewhere next year.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Doug T
Sarah L, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Hi Doug T,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was last month. We were very disappointed to learn that our property did not reach your expectations I am pleased to report that the water issue you mention has been repaired for some time now, and action has been taken to retrain our housekeeping and front desk associates to better serve our guests in the future.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you after our renovation is complete.
Safe travels,
Sarah

Reviewed 9 February 2020

Rooms are spacious & clean, the staff is always friendly & accommodating. Lots of shopping & restaurants in the area. They were renovating half of the rooms while I was there but I would still recommend staying if they have space.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Hi bart3552018,
Thanks so much for your kind review - I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon and enjoy our brand new hotel after we complete our renovation.
Safe travels,