Lowest prices for your stay
Aloft.com
US$127
US$127
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$125
Hotels.comUS$125
PricelineUS$125
FindHotelUS$125
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2021

So many hotels discriminate against large dogs and this property not only allows them, they don't charge for them! We've got a Great Danoodle about 90 pounds and travel with her crate and bed. She's quiet and well behaved. I'm so glad Marriott has stepped up to the plate with a brand that welcomes all dogs!

Additionally the way the bath and fridge and closet are separate from the bedroom area, makes for ease when getting settled. There is even closet area for a large cooler.

The staff was friendly, the pool and workout room inviting, and it is very convenient, being within 2 miles of the expressway.

Date of stay: February 2021
Management response:Responded 23 February 2021

Thank you for the excellent feedback regarding your recent stay! We look forward to welcoming you & your Great Danoodle back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2020

This property makes it hard to belive that it is apart of the marriott chain. Upon check in it was smooth sailing nice front desk people. Once we got into the room it was like no one has ever cleaned it, espically since Covid-19. There was dust every spiders webs and the bathroom was complety disgusting. On the table their where little bugs that was everywhere, pulled back the sheets and i called what i believe to be a waterbug. Because it was too late to check out we stayed overnight but mad sure we found another hotel in the A.M. The manger at the front desk i explained the reason we where cutting our trip short had no problems with refunding me for the nights stay, the most alarming thing is he didnt ask if there was somthing he could do to change the stay he just gave us our money back. The reason we choose this hotel is because they allow pets and it was close to the attractions. I have stayed at many marriott properties and this by any means did not feel like a marriott hotel. I would highly reccomend this property go through a deep cleaning and maybe re consider upgrading the rooms. Dont believe the pictures you see because you will be very upset.

Room tip: Would not reccomend
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

Have stayed at other Aloft properties, that’s why we booked it. No problems checking in, desk clerk apologized for the remodeling going on. Lobby, elevator and hall was stifling hot. I brought cleaning supplies and went over the room before we touched anything. Mirror was dirty and dead bug behind toilet. Ice bucket had no liner, had to go downstairs to get a bag for ice. Bed linens were clean, and bed was extremely comfortable. Air conditioner kept room comfortable. Very quiet floor, never heard anything. Hotel is very close to several restaurants and stores.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a last minute road trip for my sister, niece, daughter and myself to Charleston to get away for Memorial Day.
Check in was fast and as expected. We only planned for overnight so we dropped our bag in the room and left back out.
The entire hotel, or the parts I saw need a deep cleaning. Everything from the hallway carpets to the floors in the rooms needed cleaning. Stains were visible and appeared it hadn't been vacuumed in some time.
We returned to the room after shopping and got ready for bed. We were in a 2 Queen room. I pulled back the top cover and discovered there was NO WAY that the sheets had been changed. There was visible dirt, hair and what looked like skin flakes. This was room 413. I called the front desk where I was asked what time I checked in. This was around 1030pm. I checked in around 5pm. I was then asked "and you just noticed the bed was dirty"? Really!?! Where is it required that I get in bed immediately. I was told she would check to see if housekeeping was still there and "let me know". I asked for a new room and was told that there weren't any available.
I waited to "see if housekeeping was still there" for about 30 min. I called back and got a different young lady. I'm assuming it was shift change. This young lady immediately offered another room. I went to the desk to get another room key (Room 313). We packed out stuff back up and went down to room 313. I walked in and realized the room had not been touched. No sheets on the bed, the shower was still wet and smelled like someone had recently taken a shower (smelled of soap) and there were Coca Cola cans in the room. I immediately called and the clerk came up and looked in another room, which was clean and brought us a key up and we moved in there. It was a really disastrous night. Totally unacceptable. I have stayed at a few Aloft properties and have never had this experience. I'm not even sure what to think of it. I am thankful for the night shift clerk though because she tried her best to fix the issues.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank girlzontherun
Departure67359423519, Director of Sales at Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2020

Hello! Thank you so much for publishing your review and for choosing the Aloft for your time in Charleston. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that you had moved to multiple rooms that were not cleaned. Memorial Day Weekend was the first weekend since March that the hotel had been fully opened and we did not expect the sudden spike in same day reservations with our limited staff. I apologize for the repercussions that this caused and hope you will consider the brand and our hotel in the future, and can certainly empathize on how disastrous this was for your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make this up to you in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

If you’re young & need a budget hotel then this is it. I’m surprised Marriott’s name is associated with this one. The first room had a nicely made bed with visibly dirty (crusty) sheets on top & in the bed. The carpet throughout is disgusting & covered in spots. The showers need to be scrubbed not wiped down, they were covered with that orange mold all over, I forgot to take photos. Bring your shower shoes! You can see stains on the mattresses & covers (I always look). The walls are beat up, which is the most simple fix with a dab of paint. You can tell they don’t care because it is like that in the rooms & hallways. The lobby is deceiving because it look clean & nicely decorated. This was probably a nice hotel when it opened but it looks as if no one has attempted to take care of it. It’s in the flight path so expect to hear jet engines. Even the top of the mirror was not clean. Once again, if I was back in my 20’s it probably would have been fine but I’ve stayed in nicer Residence Inn’s. We got there late with our kids & were too tired to pack up again to find another hotel. There are plenty of other options in the area.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jgildeaaloft, Manager at Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future. We are currently going through a renovation in hopes to create a better experience for our guest like yourself!

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to share our clean and freshly renovated property with you whenever your travels bring you back to Charleston.

Jacqueline Dodd