1,275 results
All reviews sun suite ocean view full kitchen pools and hot tubs ebony boardwalk
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I went on a solo getaway and stayed at The Palace. I had a wonderful stay. My room was clean, the staff were wonderful and friendly, and I had no trouble finding my way around town from where the resort is located. People are just so nice here! From the front desk staff, to security, maintenance, housekeeping, and the other guests. And the lifeguard at the beach was just a joy! Granted, the hotel has wear and tear and really needs some attention, but, these are issues that can only ownership can address. There’s only so much the staff can do. However, my room was clean, I had no issues with the elevators, everyone was great, and it was a quiet, pleasant stay. Perhaps it was because I chose to go when most summer vacations were over and schools had started, I don’t know, but, my stay was just what I was looking for. You can’t go to a busy beach destination like Myrtle and expect the Ritz. The salt air, and the sheer amount of foot traffic is going to cause a lot of wear and tear. I never travel without my Lysol spray and wipes anyway. I mean, you ARE staying where thousands of others have stayed too. It’s just a fact. The beach is not a place where you are going to find pristine conditions. However, I had no issues with my room or my stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for leaving such wonderful comments about your stay at the Palace resort it is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear that
you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful experience. I'm glad to hear that everything about your stay was positive and you were well taken care of by our staff. We work very hard to make sure our rooms are in clean and quality condition and it sounds like we lived up to your expectations during your stay with us. It is always welcoming to read comments such as yours. I hope the next time you visit Myrtle Beach you will make the Palace Resort your # 1 vacation destination. Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Ebony Fraser,
Palace Resort

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back from the Palace.... besides having blood stained mattress cover... finding paint cans in the kitchen under the sink(5) of them... and dirty dishes in the dishwasher and in the cupboard... we had a good time... we washed the dishes...except for the ones in dishwasher...there was no packets or dish cloths provided.... and had them change the bedding.... pool and hot tubs were nice though... and all the staff we came in contact with were pleasant... however they need to make some changes.....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Jmk19606,

Thank you for leaving a comment about your most recent stay at the Palace Resort. I want to apologize to you and your family about the problems you encountered during your stay. I wish you would of addressed your concerns to the management team during your stay so we could of rectified the situation during your stay and made it more enjoyable. This is not the impression we like to leave on our guest when staying at the Palace Resort. I hope you will give us another chance to make things up to you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We found a deal online and the motel honored it..Staff was friendly..Although the bed we had was broken down in the middle..the view and amenities were great..They sold breakfast buffet..we ate there once but didnt go back..food was decent..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for such wonderful comments about your stay at the Palace Resort. I apologize to you and your family about the bed. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful experience.We work very hard to make sure our rooms are in clean and quality condition and it sounds like we lived up to your expectations during your stay with us. It is always welcoming to read comments such as yours. I hope the next time you visit Myrtle Beach you will make the Palace Resort your # 1 vacation destination. Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Ebony Fraser,

Reviewed 26 August 2018

My wife and I booked this hotel for the weekend. It requires a late check in around 4 o’clock. Pools are small and dirty around the edges. The clock fell off the wall and the pictures on the walls are all crooked. The shower never delivered warm or hot water. The entire hotel needs a bath! We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 606 unless you bring a lot of cleaning supplies.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Tommy B,

Thank you for leaving a comment about your most recent stay at the Palace Resort.I would like to apologize to you and your family for the problems you encountered during your stay. I wish you would of addressed your concerns to the management team during your stay so we could of rectified the situation during your stay and made it more enjoyable. This is not the impression we like to leave on our guest when staying at the Palace Resort. I hope you will give us another chance to make things up to you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This post is for a family member who experienced this but is not able to post themselves.
Booked a room for my family for a one night stay through USAA. We were given room 812 and upon walking into the room we were greeted by a stomach turning stench. The room was filthy. The bed was crust covered. The front desk gave us a different room, room 811, and while it didn't smell horrible it was still filthy. I had to book a room at a different hotel. While USAA wants to return my points and the hotel confirmed my story they are refusing to refund the cost of the stay. I would sleep in my car on the side of a highway before staying here. This is no way to treat a customer or a member of the military.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear rfkeenan,

Thank you for leaving a response about your most recent stay at the Palace Resort. I would like to apologize to you and your family for the problems you encountered during your stay. I wish you would of addressed your concerns to the management team during your stay so we could of rectified the situation during your stay and made it more enjoyable. This is not the impression we like to leave on our guest when staying at the Palace Resort. I hope you will give us another chance to make things up to you. Hope to see you again soon!