2,575 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We had a room with a kitchenette ocean view at $60 per night. The price alone tells me I'm not going to a 5 star hotel. The floors in the room were hard wood and not very clean( my feet turned black with in a few steps) but the rest of the room including the beds and bathroom were clean. I went in September so most of the restaurants at the resort were closed which was not disclosed to me when booking. Tina's breakfast buffet was amazing however. And all of the staff at the resort were very friendly. Plus it is pet friendly. It is older and the pictures on the website are deceiving. Will I go back ? Yes. All in all I had a great time, my accommodations were comfortable and it is on the beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

For what we paid, my family enjoyed a quick weekend to the beach in nice September weather. The room was clean for the most part, no bugs or anything nasty. However, our feet stayed black which was kinda gross. My husband and I had a kIng size bed which slept okay and I felt was clean. Two of my children slept on the pull-out couch bed which had a few crumbs on it. We did get the sheets changed. The baby slept in a pack and play and I was pleasantly surprised there was plenty of room for it. The AC worked fine, we had hot water for showers and I never felt like we were in an unsafe area. The water park was fun, but only because my children are younger. The over 10 set would not care for it. Be aware the water park and the mini golf close at 5. All this extra stuff is spread out over the massive property. It was difficult to walk back and forth carrying a baby and having young kids. We finally broke down and had to use the stroller. One of our biggest problems though was the lack of beach access and foot washes. The hotel did not seem to have their own, you had to use the public beach accesses. The only foot washes we found were flooded and moldy. I refused to let my children use them and we instead walked about a block or 2 over and used another hotels. I've never had a problem with such a basic thing at the beach and that was a letdown. I will say the employees at this hotel are very nice, we never met anyone who wasn't helpful. So, bottom line, this is a budget hotel and you can have a decent vacation here. We will not stay again, but I would recommend it to those who need a cheaper choice.

Room Tip: Driftwood building okay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank KatieW333
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived to Sea Mist in Myrtle Beach on September 15 and check out on the 17 that Sunday. When I checked in the staff was nice and she gave me my room at the sandcastle. She said I was on the 1st floor but when drove my car down in the parking deck the room was right there it was the Basmati in the bottom of the parking deck that's NOT the 1st floor it was HOT and we went to our room bugs and the stove was on OMG I NEVER SAYED IN A ROOM LIKE THIS BEFORE.....Never again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank theonlyone2013
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Room was clean except there was sand on the floor. No Wi-Fi the whole week even though it was promised. The hallways outside the rooms were filthy. Elevator closest to room didn't work. The people were nice but this place badly needs refurbishing. Our balcony floor had paint peeling up in chunks. Glass door would hardly shut do to the filth in the track. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Herman S
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel several times back about 15 years ago. I had found memories of this place, so when we evacuated from Tampa for hurricane Irma I thought this would be a fun place to stay with my two children. After all it has a lazy river, water park, etc....

When we arrived, I got sick to my stomach. This was far from the place I remembered. There were a large number of vagabond types just hanging around outside the motel, to the point I had to park my car directly in front of registration for safety.

The lobby was beat up looking. The building we stayed in was disgustingly dirty. It took three tries to get the keys to work in the hotel room door. The carpet was so gross. There was no linen for the pull out bed, so we called housekeeping to ask for some. They never showed up, so around midnight, I walked to the front desk asking for some. They pulled some ball of wrinkled up stuff out of a cabinet behind the desk. It looked recently used. Again, so gross. No pillow, they had no pillow to give me.

It was so bad, we immediately cancelled the next 2 days. I wanted this place to nice so bad, but it was just completely unacceptable.

On top of the hotel itself, there was some group of people staying there, on our floor, that had all the room doors open with music blaring smoking weed openly in the hallway. I literally had to walk my two children through a cloud of weed smoke to our room. The building security guard didn't seem to care. The next morning there was a mattress box spring in the stairwell that wasn't there before.

I'm sorry to say I would DEFINITELY not recommend this place to anyone other than kids looking to party. I'm so disappointed.

We were able to find a very nice Hilton property for only $10 more a night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family