1,456 results
All reviews cypress room tiki hut lazy river a quiet residential area ocean front parking garage breakfast and dinner rocking chairs pool area bedroom suite full kitchen on site restaurant washer and dryer beautiful resort other resorts hot tub murphy bed
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Stayed here for two nights with the family. They actually went down a few days before my wife and I did, so I was not there for the check in process. The room however, was immaculate. Very clean, comfy bed, hot water in shower and large kitchen and living room in the suite we had. There were a few pools on the property but we just went to the beach the day we were there. The beach was not that crowded as this resort does not have other hotels directly beside it limiting our crowd to those staying at Island Vista.

I will say that we got there around 2am the morning we arrived, and as we were getting out of the car we saw a security guard walking around the deck. While he was not armed, he was providing a visible presence to deter potential vandals.

Washer and dryer in the larger suites.

WiFi worked well.

No continental breakfast.

I would stay here again for the right price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

The room was super clean, the lobby was immaculate, they had a free dvd rental system and a bar/lounge out front near the pool (which were kept warm and were lathe compared to others in the area. ) what more could you ask for.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2016

My wife and I stayed one night in room 812 which was really a one-bedroom suite in a kind of rectangular layout. The entry end faces Ocean Boulevard and looks over a green vista of treetops of a residential neighborhood. Upon entering, you walk down a hall past the separate bedroom and separate bathroom. The other end of the suite includes the living/dining/kitchenette area with a balcony looking over the ocean and beach. It seems the hotel has everything one could want, including pools, beautiful beach, etc. The dining room is excellent, providing not only very good food but the services of a gracious, old-school staff. We were there on a Wednesday-Thursday (recommended to avoid the weekend crowds) and the weather was perfect. In South Carolina, the best beach weather is mid-April to mid-May and mid-September to mid-October. I am not really a "beach person" but our stay was so pleasant that I might consider going again (even the sheets and pillows seemed to be higher quality than other hotels.)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Considering Myrtle Beach is a high tourist attraction and the numerous/various hotels we've stayed in prior to this one, we had average expectations. We were absolutely amazed with the level of staff courtesy, hospitality and sincerity towards our every need. We also have an autistic child and it's almost impossible to run into anyone in a public environment let alone a public establishment who truly understand the challenges a parent has to go through with a child of special needs but again, amazed in the understanding of the staff there. Especially with the restaurant employees. Thank you so much for all the support and kindness during our stay. You'll definitely see us again!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Just leaving from another awesome visit. I cannot say enough about this resort. We have stayed at so many hotels in MB but none compare to the Island Vista. The front desk staff are wonderful & always remember me & welcome me back like a friend. Every room we have stayed in has been great. We always stay in the "one bedroom grand" which is just like a luxery apartment. The location of the resort makes for a more relaxed athmosphere any time of the year. Planning our next visit soon.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple