“Very pet friendly ”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #71 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here for the past four years through Elliott Rentals because the resort is pet friendly. We appreciate just how pet friendly they are. Never a complaint about the care the staff shows our pups. The pool is well maintained as are the hot tubs. Great ocean front amenities! I do wish we could get the same perks (discount card and water park access) as the other Ocean Park guests. The management of the resort and Elliott Rentals should work that out.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BillyWoo
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay at Ocean Park. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. This page is managed by the Oceana Resorts team. Our guests receive a variety of free perks including discounts, free water park admission, free DVD Now rentals, free mini golf, and many more. Units at this resort are managed by a few different agencies. The perks we offer are exclusive to those who book directly with us. You may want to inquire with the agency through which you booked to see if they offer similar perks. Again, I thank you for your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our first night...I awake my husband at 1am because there is a waterbug in the bathroom. He kills it, half hour later I open my eyes to see a huge flying water right over our bed!!!! it took my husband quite a while to kill it!!! We called down to front desk to complain and we were told that it was the "STATE BUG AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE" wtf!...it's a waterbug!!!....after changing our rooms twice we finally got a room on the 10th floor which was much cleaner and no signs of bugs for the remainder of our stay...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacqueline f
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

We are terribly sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent stay. We have a new pest control company in place and are working hard to eradicate the presence of pests. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will be making changes to how guests complaints are managed. Again, we apologize.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The place is under renovation, Check back in a couple of years since they have a lot of work to do. Starting at the beginning the check in desk is unfriendly or helpful. You realize later that the front desk has someone there all day complaining so you can understand why the attitude. Entering the room and a foul odor greets you. The AC runs constantly but does not pull out any of the humidity so everything you touch seems wet. The bathroom light over the sink does not work so you are required to use the heat lamp just to use the bathroom. Calls to have things fixed but no one ever showed up to do anything. It is on a nice part of the beach but they should just tear it down and start over.

Room Tip: Get a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank David D

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you experienced so many problems during your stay. We are going to be doing some additional training with our teams so they are better equipped to pleasantly and polite manage guests concerns. Please know that your feedback is very valuable to us and we will work hard to make the suggested improvements. Again, I apologize.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I made an account so I was able to leave a review about this resort - wanting others to know the pros and cons of staying at this location. I want to start off by saying I am not one to complain or to take their complaints online, however, I feel that before someone books their stay with this resort that they need to know a few things.

The pros of this resort:
• First, I have read some complaints about the elevator, which was not an issue for our family. I felt as though the two elevators moved rather quickly up and down the twelve floors and so we did not notice that the elevators were hot.
• Second, I thought the room that we had was beautiful and so was our view. The sheets and comforter were clean and so was everything else inside of the room.
• Third, the housekeeping was very friendly.
• Fourth, our A/C worked great.
• Fifth, no issues when signing in and was given the room we expected to be in and what we paid for.

The cons of this resort:
• First, the roach infestation. I am a person who cannot stand the sight of a cockroach and that is what ultimately led me to coming online to let others know of this issue. At this resort, you will find that roaches appear in the bathroom and in the kitchen. (At night) To try and make things a little better, I went to the store and bought roach spray. A few hours later, I spotted a baby roach. Personally, experiencing such a roach infestation ruined the stay for me.
• Second, the outdoor patio had carpet with unidentifiable markings. The air conditioning unit would leak large amounts of water and so the entire patio/porch carpet would be drenched. Would not walk out barefoot. I've attached photos.
• Third, poor wifi.

This resort would have been wonderful if it weren't for the roach issue. I can look past a moldy outdoor patio rug and poor wifi, but not roaches. I have never seen roaches in any other place that I have stayed at until now. :-( It is unfortunate that we will not be able to return due to this issue.

Also, I would never lie or over-dramatize a roach issue. I would have attached photos of the roaches if it weren't for the fact that A. They are SO fast. B. They didn't freak me out so much. To some, roaches aren't a huge deal and that is fine - Not for me.

Thanks for reading my comment!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank palee335
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

I'm terribly sorry to read about the multiple issues you experienced during your stay at Ocean Park. Your concerns have been forwarded to our management team. We have recently contracted with a new pest control provider and are anticipating they will be correcting the issues we have experienced with regard to pests. Again, I apologize.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

While it may be easy on wallet it is not a place I will be booking again. The room depicted on the website is not the room I had. I went through the resort too. I was assured the rooms were what was pictured. Not. The balcony was awful. The CA unit's cover was laying in the corner. The chairs and table may have cost them $15 tops. Cheap plastic. Balcony was dirty. Kitchen had about six inches.of counter space to to utilize. The sink was tiny. Bathrooms need a makeover. Old surround units. The elevators were awful. HOT, slow and smelled like the skunk weed half the guests were smoking on the balconies. I would look elsewhere if you desire modern, updated rooms that don't smell musty.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joni M
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I'm terribly sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay. Our units are individually owned and will vary in terms of furnishings and decor. We try to communicate this on our website. It's tough to be located oceanfront and not encounter moisture issues. We try to utilize cleaning products and techniques to combat the musty smell. I'm sorry to hear you did not find that to be the case during your stay. Many of our units are slated for improvements and there are several projects scheduled to improve the overall appearance of our resort. I hope you will return to see these positive changes.