I made an account so I was able to leave a review about this resort - wanting others to know the pros and cons of staying at this location. I want to start off by saying I am not one to complain or to take their complaints online, however, I feel that before someone books their stay with this resort that they need to know a few things.
The pros of this resort:
• First, I have read some complaints about the elevator, which was not an issue for our family. I felt as though the two elevators moved rather quickly up and down the twelve floors and so we did not notice that the elevators were hot.
• Second, I thought the room that we had was beautiful and so was our view. The sheets and comforter were clean and so was everything else inside of the room.
• Third, the housekeeping was very friendly.
• Fourth, our A/C worked great.
• Fifth, no issues when signing in and was given the room we expected to be in and what we paid for.
The cons of this resort:
• First, the roach infestation. I am a person who cannot stand the sight of a cockroach and that is what ultimately led me to coming online to let others know of this issue. At this resort, you will find that roaches appear in the bathroom and in the kitchen. (At night) To try and make things a little better, I went to the store and bought roach spray. A few hours later, I spotted a baby roach. Personally, experiencing such a roach infestation ruined the stay for me.
• Second, the outdoor patio had carpet with unidentifiable markings. The air conditioning unit would leak large amounts of water and so the entire patio/porch carpet would be drenched. Would not walk out barefoot. I've attached photos.
• Third, poor wifi.
This resort would have been wonderful if it weren't for the roach issue. I can look past a moldy outdoor patio rug and poor wifi, but not roaches. I have never seen roaches in any other place that I have stayed at until now. :-( It is unfortunate that we will not be able to return due to this issue.
Also, I would never lie or over-dramatize a roach issue. I would have attached photos of the roaches if it weren't for the fact that A. They are SO fast. B. They didn't freak me out so much. To some, roaches aren't a huge deal and that is fine - Not for me.
Thanks for reading my comment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept dogs, as long as they are less than 20lbs. Please call for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach