1,601 results
All reviews pet friendly resort pet owners allow pets enjoyed our stay non smoking pools and hot tubs great place to stay full kitchen outdoor pool washer and dryer off season groomers vacation balcony ocean housekeeping kitchenette
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

While it may be easy on wallet it is not a place I will be booking again. The room depicted on the website is not the room I had. I went through the resort too. I was assured the rooms were what was pictured. Not. The balcony was awful. The CA unit's cover was laying in the corner. The chairs and table may have cost them $15 tops. Cheap plastic. Balcony was dirty. Kitchen had about six inches.of counter space to to utilize. The sink was tiny. Bathrooms need a makeover. Old surround units. The elevators were awful. HOT, slow and smelled like the skunk weed half the guests were smoking on the balconies. I would look elsewhere if you desire modern, updated rooms that don't smell musty.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joni M
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I'm terribly sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay. Our units are individually owned and will vary in terms of furnishings and decor. We try to communicate this on our website. It's tough to be located oceanfront and not encounter moisture issues. We try to utilize cleaning products and techniques to combat the musty smell. I'm sorry to hear you did not find that to be the case during your stay. Many of our units are slated for improvements and there are several projects scheduled to improve the overall appearance of our resort. I hope you will return to see these positive changes.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed for a long weekend. Let's just start with our arrival. We were approached UNLOADING our car by a hobo asking for money! ( not the hotels fault, but still not how you want to be greeted.) The front desk had the most unfriendly and unprofessional people ever and they had no place being the first impression of any hotel. They actually had a custodian sitting in for someone at one point and he was so blazé about the needs of customers. On to the room... when I say tiny I mean tin can. Had we known how small this room was for the astronomical price we paid we would have flat out laughed in their faces. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom condo during peak seasons for less money. (It was a last minute booking, that's the only reason we rolled with the price.) On top of being so small that 2 people couldn't stand in the kitchen together, it was DIRTY. Sand was everywhere! The sheets were itchy and the beds made a god awful noise. I found bugs in the corners, the balcony looked disgusting, there was a film on the chairs. The front door didn't have a latch. The balcony door lock was broken. We have a 3 year old Houdini and I was terrified he would escape and I had no way of locking him in. The pool deck had standing water and construction going on everywhere which I did not see change durning our 4 day stay. The pool attendant watched everyone like a hawk and was on a power trip about checking out their pool towels. They actually made you sign them out... a flipping towel. They had cameras everywhere, yet I went out to walk my dog one morning and I saw another homeless person sleeping on the pool deck. The only positive thing I have to say is they are dog friendly. I have been visiting myrtle beach all my life and this was probably one of the worst places we have ever stayed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mollybmckeo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Hotel needs upgrading. Had to ask for shower curtain. Girl at desk had attitude when I asked how long it would be as we were trying to get ready for dinner. Holes in wall of room, stains on carpet, pet odor in hallways. Would not stay here again bc the price does not reflect the hotel quality. WiFi was not good. Kept going on and off and very slower
The good, girl who checked us in was great and location was good.
Maybe once renovations are complete it will be better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenniferO1089
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I left this morning from Ocean Park Resort after a 6 night stay. This was my first and last time to stay at this resort. I feel like I am pretty forgiving of things considering resorts in this area have a lot of people staying and the turn around is quick. This leads me to my first issue. Upon arrival we were met(not welcomed) at the front desk by a very 'blah' young lady. Even if she was having a bad day she could have attempted to smile. We felt like more a bother to her. We were given our room assignment. I should have known we were in trouble when we were told to go down a floor. We entered our oceanfront king suite and immediately noticed we had a zero view of the ocean. Instead, we were smack dab by the pool. I mean it was in our faces! This was the 'oceanfront' view from the living area AND bedroom. I don't consider this oceanfront. It is unit 122. And if that isn't enough, this unit is right beside the cleaning personel's main hub. Cleaning carts and nasty roll away beds lined the hall right beside the room door. This, along with the noise of the staff, was too much. We went back to front desk to see about another room. We dealt with the same girl as before. She hadn't cheered up. She barely said a word. We weren't sure if she was playing on the computer or looking for a different room. She finally offered an oceanfront queen efficiency on the 10th floor. We got a much better view. What I expect when I book oceanfront. But the good stops there. It was tiny. We sacrificed the private sleeping area, seperate living area, washer and dryer, along with space in general. All things that are very important to my family. We just knew we couldn't stand the pool in our faces and the cleaning carts/rollaway beds that the first room had so we stayed in the queen efficiency. It was not very clean. The furniture was VERY dated. I had to buy Clorox wipes to clean the arm scum off of the chairs. There were weird stains on the ceiling. The beds were very uncomfortable and squeaked. We had to buy paper plates, plastic forks and spoons because there were only 3 plates,2 forks and 3 spoons in the kitchen area. Just as well, I'm sure it was more sanitary. Most of this could have been avoided if they didn't consider unit 122 as oceanfront. IT IS NOT. I don't think anything on the first 2 floors would have a decent view of the ocean if you could see it at all. Be ready to ask for new keys to be made. This happened daily to us. Dated furnishings, smelly/dirty halls, rude staff, and dirty rooms ... we won't be back. I think they are counting on people being happy they can bring their small dog with them that all of the negatives will be overlooked. I made 3 attempts to contact the manager or someone in charge but got no reply. I am sad to leave the beach but very happy to get out of that resort.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa F
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

I'm terribly sorry to read about the lack of cleanliness and friendliness you experienced during your recent stay with us. It sounds like we have some work to do in terms of guest satisfaction. I can assure you that guest feedback is of the utmost importance to us. We have a new general manager in place and it's my belief that he will be making a difference. I sincerely hope you will return to give us another try. Should you wish to speak with me personally about your stay, please call me at 843-445-5957 and I will do all that I can to win you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I and our two grown children stayed in an efficiency suite in mid July. Overall I was happy with the unit and the facility. Two pools, large hot tub, quick beach access and a nice view of the ocean from our room. All great. We were even able to spend a good part of one day at the water park that they provide free passes to. Even better. My only complaint would be with some of the staff. The female security guard was very nice and even stood with my wife and I as we waited in the parking lot for our daughter to arrive. Liked her. The problem was the front desk staff. On our last full day of our vacation no one cleaned our room. While not happy about that I can understand how that might happen. The problems were: 1) when my wife went down that evening to get clean towels for the evening the person working the front desk gave her towels but no apology for our inconvenience. Same thing the next day when we checked out I mentioned it to a different front desk member and she did not apologize either. I re-iterated that I was not happy about not having the room cleaned and she did not say anything nor did she seem interested. Again, I can understand that a room might be missed. I was not looking for any sort of reimbursement, I really just wanted someone to say "we are sorry that we missed that and we apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused". Just own it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dmercer2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. While I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, it's disappointing to hear that you encountered issues with lack of housekeeping and empathy on behalf of our staff members. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the lack of service you received. You are correct when you say, "just own it". That phrase is one I embrace and I'm sorry to hear that was not the case with our team members.