3,901 results
All reviews cafe du port lazy river across the street bedroom condo breakfast buffet pool area off season north tower family vacation great resort trip to myrtle beach a great vacation washer dryer beach access full kitchen beach front water park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a loyal patron of Ocean Reef Resort. My friends and family claim the resort is my second home. I visit two to three times a year. Last year I celebrated my 60th birthday at Ocean Reef with a big party at Cafe Du Port. My family and friends had a wonderful time at the beach and the resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Could have been better...had to make three tripe to the front desk. Gave me a low room when I requested a high room. Went down to talk with the front desk who gave me a key to look at a high room. The first room, the A/C wasn't working. Went back down to front desk and they said at first they couldn't move me and when I told them I had been down three times, they finally moved me. I spent about an hour and fifteen min. waiting in line at the front desk total...unacceptable!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was treated very rudely by staff and management. I have been staying there for years and have spent thousands of dollars there. Manager told me I would lose my deposit for not putting myself and others in danger of driving into a hurricane.. only to be told to leave. I live 12 hours away and only get One vacation a year. I called multiple times and was treated rudely and manager hung up on me and talked over me . Pretty sure her name was Ashley. She finally told me I was getting my deposit refunded back and hung up on me. Staff called me next day to tell me I’d have to be leaving the hotel when I already cancelled and was told I’d get my deposit back. She told me I wasn’t getting my deposit and wouldn’t let me talk to a manager and wouldn’t even give me the name of the manager after asking over and over. Worst customer service I have ever experienced and I am a DM in a customer service driven field. I messaged the resort on fb telling them everything and all I received was that Megan would contact me.. not even a sorry. Megan did NOT call me and I finally received a refund. I told the resort on fb I didn’t receive a call and they opened the message and never replied. I am beyond disappointed and will never come back due to this. I have referred many people that have also spent thousands of dollars there over the years. I will be sure to tell all I have referred of my experience. All I wanted was someone to listen to my concerns and fix the issue .. however no one I have tried to contact has been professional enough to even give an apology. You have lost 18 loyal customers who have spent around $34k over the past 3 years at your resort. And I hope that somebody reads this who actually cares about their customers. I would never tolerate this behavior of any of my associates at any of my locations.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brittany G, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Heather2786,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I do apologize that you did not have a good experience here at our resort. We pride ourselves in accommodating our guest to the best of our ability. If you would like to speak about the situation further, please feel free to give me a call. I look forward to speaking with you soon. I do apologize again for the inconvenience. We hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

See you again soon!

Kindly,

Brittany Gore
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed our stay. Was forced to leave early, mandatory evacuation Hurricane Florence. Hotel is clean staff is friendly, cafe in hotel serves a very good breakfast buffet. Sorry our trip was cut short.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We planned a trip to myrtle beach for a week but it was cut short to one day, due to hurricane Florence. Our stay was ok but we should have gotten a discount due to a less than 12 hour stay at the resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family