3,993 results
All reviews cafe du port lazy river across the street bedroom condo breakfast buffet pool area off season north tower family vacation trip to myrtle beach great resort a great vacation washer dryer beach access full kitchen beach front water park
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I have been going to Ocean Reef for over 15 years, never had an bad experience, my last visit in May 2017 was especially relaxing, kept the patio doors opened and listen to the breaking waves of the ocean, slept like a baby.
Finally flat screen TV's, last year the old fashioned ones were in the bedrooms, what a difference.
Highly recommend, walking distance to Martins restaurant, highly recommend for dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: 4 bedrooms due to they have 3 bathrooms and balconies off of two of the bedrooms and living room. Also ocean front.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank janetsozio
Brittany G, Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear janetsozio,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to the Ocean Reef Resort. I am pleased to hear that you have always had a wonderful experience with us. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Our boys and families absolutely loved this resort. It had everything we could have asked for from affordable food and drinks on site to 4 hot tubs, swimming pool, lazy river all with the Ocean just feet away. We rented the 3 bedroom condo and loved the washer/dryer and full kitchen and the views were tremendous. Would definitely visit again. Staff was accommodating, especially Ewa at the front desk. Thanks Ewa!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Obrienlaw,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am ecstatic to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad to hear that your three bedroom condo was very accommodating. I am happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer. I am excited to hear that Ewa was so helpful! I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd stay at this resort. Always friendly staff and amazing rooms. Housekeeping was awesome to us (family of 6). The only problem was guests on balcony near pool was smoking pot and the smell was horrible. This is a great place to stay with a bar and restaurant.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Janice T,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am delighted to hear that you celebrated your grandson’s birthday with us. Thank you for your loyalty and being a returning guest. I do apologize that you did not have a good experience here at our resort. If you would like to speak about the situation further, please feel free to give me a call. I look forward to speaking with you soon. I do apologize again for the inconvenience. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Front OfficeManager

Reviewed 29 May 2017

The Ocean Reef Hotel had an Ocean view from our room.The staff took care of us,especially Robert who catered to all of our needs.He was very informative with all the activities that were happening during our stay.Thank you Robert. See you next year.

Room Tip: Book early to get your desired room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kato15851

Dear kato15851,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort!. I am glad that Robert was a big help to you during your stay. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Ocean Reef in a King Suite condo. The condo had a bedroom with a balcony. The living room also had balcony, both looking at the ocean. The bed was really comfortable! My husband said he thought the bed was extremely comfortable and so were the pillows. The bathroom was roomy and updated. The kitchen was a little dated (electric stove was a bit old), but had all the plates, pans, utensils, etc. that we needed. The lighting in the kitchen could be a bit brighter for night-time cooking.

The resort has a great indoor lazy river pool, indoor hot tub, a great outdoor pool, and water park area for kids. There was plenty of lounge chairs, tables, etc. for people to sit by the pool, along with an area for sunbathers away from the pool. The beach was steps away from the pool area. Another great feature of the resort is that there is a play room for kids with arcade type machine (including ski-bowl); fitness room, laundry, business center, a breakfast buffet room, and a pool bar. The resort also provide pool towels for you! We really enjoyed our stay at Ocean Reef and we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsgfhjr

Dear mrsgfhjr,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed the location of our property. I am glad that you had a wonderful time by the pool. I am excited that you and your family were able to enjoy all of our amenities. It is great to know that you will be back to see us on your next vacation. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.