4,084 results
All reviews cafe du port lazy river across the street bedroom condo breakfast buffet pool area family vacation north tower off season nice resort great vacation trip to myrtle beach beach access washer and dryer full kitchen beach front water park
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We love going to the beach after school starts, because it is less crowded. The weather is warm, but not overly hot. This is a very nice hotel that has a nice pool, lazy river and a few hot tubs. Shopping is not too far away. Our room was pretty big. The only drawback was that it did not have a stove and no kitchen sink.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Two years ago, my husband and sons stayed at Ocean Reef and we loved it so much that I took my sister for a relaxing getaway!
Again........it was a WONDERFUL time!
I definitely want to give a HUGE shout out to Shiny - our housekeeper. I WISH MY FAMILY HAD HAD HER SERVICES TWO YEARS AGO! She is truly a breath of fresh air and such a beautiful example of God's witness! We didn't need her services for the 3 days we were there, but we had the opportunity to talk with her on our last day (because I needed sweet and low :) ) and we invited her in to chat. When my family comes back, I am DEFINITELY requesting a room on the 9th floor so that I can visit with Shiny again!
If I had one teeny complaint, it was this: the Resort was empty! We went on November 6. On the night before check out, I called the desk to ask for a later check out on November 9. Sadly, the attendant at the desk (at 2:30 a.m.) was not very nice and she told me that they had the room booked for the 9th. Truly - the Vacancy sign was lit outside and there was only - maybe - 2 rooms on 9 that were occupied, so I knew that this attendant wasn't being honest. I only asked for an extra hour, but she was quite short telling me in no uncertain terms: "No".
Other than that, we had a great time!

Room tip: Ocean front rooms are truly the absolute best!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

This was our third visit to Ocean Reef this summer. Loved having the condo this trip. Very spacious and fully loaded kitchen. It was much more relaxing to have the extra space and cook our meals in the room. Awesome view and convenient location.

Room tip: Floors 7-9 and Suites are much better
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2016

My family and extended family have been coming to this resort for over 20 years. We have always enjoyed the cleanliness and service. Things have changed a bit this time and we are not sure if it was the difference in which room we rented or if the resort is going downhill. We usually rent a one bedroom condo and have had no complaints. This time we rented a junior executive suite.. On our arrival, our sheets were clearly not clean. We asked that they be changed. We had a suite with what was supposed to come with a stocked kitchen but there were no dishcloths or dish towels and the only cooking utensils were a large spoon and spatula. We had to call for the kitchen linens. They only come in to empty the trash and put fresh towels in every day, so there was no vacuuming done at all during our stay. We had to call one day because they never even came into our room at all. Bed was hard as rock. The sofa in our room was a pull-out sofa bed and it was so bad that we had to put pillows underneath us so we would not sink down into it and the wooden frame wouldn't hurt our legs. The remotes had dead batteries and were missing the back covers of the battery compartments. After promising us they would come up to replace them, they never came. We never saw them clean the pool and we were up pretty early. They allowed babies with diapers on in the hot tubs. Ugh! They seemed more concerned with waxing the floors near the pool area than the guest needs. I want to be fair and not completely negative so I will state that they always were quick to respond to our needs when we called and did so pleasantly.. The personnel in the dining room were very pleasant, especially Maggie and Mr. Walter. They have an excellent buffet breakfast and you will find everything you could probably want for breakfast at their buffet. We probably will try a different place next year. We think they need to step up their game a bit.

Room tip: Oceanfront condo or ocean view condo. Avoid the Executive Junior Suite.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank vade713
Reviewed 4 November 2016

My wife and I and another couple stayed at the Ocean Reef for the first time this past weekend. Overall we had a blast! Upon arrival, however, the check-in process gave me cause for pause. I purchased tickets to the Pirates Voyage through the hotel (they are cheaper). But, as I was checking in, the tickets weren't ready. I was told during the reservation process just to ask for them at check-in and they would hand them to me. After a little looking, the check-in attendant went to the back and then told me to wait against the wall so the manager could contact the attraction. Her explanation was that it was a long process to obtain the tickets. By then I was a bit upset, but the manager saved the day. She was soooooo helpful and courteous and bubbly that it overshadowed the experience I had just encountered. She also explained this was her first time processing the tickets so it took her a bit longer to find out what to do.

After returning from our dinner and show, we decided to do some kid stuff. We played games (ping pong, oversized checkers, basketball, etc.) in the entertainment area and had a wonderful time before retiring for bed. The rooms were nice, we both had the 1 bedroom suite with a murphy bed in the living room. There were two balconies that provided a direct view of the ocean, one from the living room and the other from the bedroom. The only downside is they allow smoking on the balconies. Otherwise, it was gorgeous! I would definitely return and if you're in need of a suite room, they told us they only had four. Of the two we stayed in room 1608 is definitely the one to book. The décor is a bit more modern and overall in better shape.

Room tip: Bring slippers
Date of stay: October 2016