Ocean Reef Resort
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$218
US$204
US$165
US$155
US$148
Fairfield Inn
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$205
US$188
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
US$222
US$202
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach -N. Kings Hwy(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
La Quinta
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$151
Official Site
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$138
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
3,308 results
All reviewscafe du portlazy riveracross the streetbedroom condobreakfast buffetpool areaoff seasonnorth towerfamily vacationtrip to myrtle beachnice resortwasher dryerrecommend this resortbeach accessfull kitchenbeach frontparking garage
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The good: They've done a great job with the room remodel. d The new A/C unit works great. The beds are very nice and comfortable. I slept great. The oceanfront balcony is excellent. The in-room refrigerator is a lot larger than your standard apartment fridge. They don't offer any coffee in the lobby but they make up for it by giving you a 12 cup coffeemaker in your room.

The bad: They charge you a 100 dollar deposit up front just for staying there. The parking is free but it's across the street. Those lots are almost always full and hard to get into and out of. There's plenty of parking at their garage a little farther down the street. The room they gave us at check-in was directly across the corridor from the elevators, which means a lot of noise during the night. We asked for another oceanfront room and the staff was glad to jump on it right away. Within minutes we were in a quiet corner in room 1101. (I love watching the ocean from up there.) The refrigerator in our new room would only cool to about 50 degrees or so. We had milk and lunch meat and other perishables that we were about to lose. We called the front desk and they had a guy from maintenance in our room within a couple of minutes. He said the fridge had to be swapped out. Fortunately, they had a replacement available. It was delivered to our room after a little while. It worked perfectly. Funny thing, though. Whoever my wife talked to down at the desk said something to the effect that a refrigerator is "not for putting warm items in to make them cold. It's for keeping things cold that are already cold". Huh?? What about that un-refrigerated warm bottled water you buy at the store and put into the fridge to make it cold? A couple of other things: The concierge somewhat railroaded us into eating at a particular restaurant using a "they can work you in right now without a reservation" tactic. It wasn't that great at all. And the internet download speed at the resort is 1mbps. The upload speed is 20mbs. Other than all mentioned above, our stay was nice and uneventful.

Room Tip: Get a full oceanfront view away from elevators and other high traffic areas.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nsd944cw
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had mixed feelings about booking, because there seemed to be a few bad reviews in the past. I wanted a hotel that provided enough space in-room for myself and my adult son, and the condos seemed perfect. I was satisfied with the property and the room. While we were there, the hotel had put new carpet in the rooms on our floor and the floor above us (we had the old carpet, but it wasn't awful). If you have the blue carpet, it is the old carpet - the new carpet is a slate grey. The rooms were spacious! I had a very large master bedroom, a second bedroom had a queen bed and a third bedroom (which we didn't need or use) had two beds. There is a long hallway between the front door and the kitchen area. The master bedroom looks out over the ocean (and the wall is all window and sliding glass door). A very large balcony runs outside the master bedroom and the living room. All appliances in the kitchen were clean and new (full refidgerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher). We actually did buy breakfast foods to keep there, so it was nice having the full kitchen and all the dishes to go with it! The only possible negative would have been the furniture is stiff and some of the end tables are beginning to wear. But, that was very minor. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the condo includes an in-room stack washer & dryer in a hallway closet!! We were able to do our laundry before returning home. The living room and dining area is very homey and looks out onto the ocean. Master bedroom includes a large private bathroom and yet there is a full bathroom in the hall near the other two bedrooms as well.

Property was kept clean and safe. I did not eat in the restaurant or visit the bar (inside or ocean tiki), but others were there and it seemed quiet and clean. There is a large water play area and many pools/hot tubs. I did not go in those, either - but other people were enjoying them. The other guests were a mix of families with children and older families (like us). No one was rowdy, and there really wasn't much noise at night - none after 10 pm. I would stay again. It is a good value and the space and the view is what it was all about for us!

Room Tip: I asked to be put in a room that wasn't around a lot of younger families, and they were fine with accommodating my request.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank B B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at Ocean Reef about 4 years ago, in Feb. that time and did not have the best experience. We decided to give it a second chance though and we went there for 5 days in March for my daughter's spring break. Since her break was so early and the weather was not warm enough yet, we needed somewhere with an indoor pool and indoor waterpark-like activities, so we decided to try it again, and I am glad we did. This second time around we had a much better experience at the hotel.

First, I want to say that for all the reviewers who complain about Myrtle Beach using the term "resort" when referring to their hotels, you really need to put that in perspective. It IS Myrtle Beach, do not expect a 5-star resort like you'd get in the Caribbean. Lower your expectations a little and you will have a better vacation anywhere you stay in Myrtle. Ocean Reef does call itself a resort and that does not bother me. They do have lots of amenities like indoor/outdoor pools, water park, restaurants, etc. but it is an older hotel that has been converted into condos (I stayed here when I was a teenager and it was a Sheraton).

We stayed 4 nights in a one-bedroom condo. It was small but it was fine for just my husband and I and our 6-yaer-old daughter. Anymore than that would've been too crowded. The condo was extremely clean and everything in working condition. We got an ocean view condo, which was fine but the only complaint is that the balcony is too small for even 1 person to sit on comfortably. But the weather was too chilly to do so anyway, so it was not a big deal, but if you stay in summer, keep that in mind. It was an angle-condo so I think some of the oceanfront balconies are larger. The maid service was prompt everyday. The biggest complaint I have and I said this in my prior review 4 years ago, is the noise problem with the hotel. Since it is a high-rise and crowded (even in March off-season) it's really noisy. The walls are very thin and you can hear conversations in the room next to you as well as walking and noise from above and below. All the doors slam and are very noisy. Kids running up and down halls all night long and trash dumpsters and construction noise in the early morning. I expect it to be noisy like this at all of the larger high-rise resorts in Myrtle Beach, so I doubt it's just this one. It's just something to keep in mind when booking.

We really enjoyed all of the indoor/outdoor pool amenities. We were lucky enough that the weather was in the low 70s while we were there and we were able to swim outside - the outdoor pool is heated and was really nice. Although the deck area around it is small, so I expect in busy season it's probably hard to get a chair, though we had no problem this time of year. The indoor pools were warm and my daughter really enjoyed the lazy river and the splash pool as well as the splash pool outside. On the front of the hotel there is also an outdoor waterpark, but it was not open when we were there - it only opens in summer months and they are building a waterslide, so it looks like it would be great for kids in the summer.

All the pools were very clean although the chlorine level was high on the indoor pools, so much that it made me itchy. They have towels available for use at the pool area, but they are small and quite thin, but there's no limit to how many you can take, but I'd suggest bringing a beach towel.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant. The only other issue was parking - it's across the street and it's limited, even during off-season. I can't imagine how hard it would be to find parking during the busy summer months. Seems like they need to build a parking deck.

We had a nice stay, the staff was all nice and helpful. I'd stay here again but only in the off-season. I just think resorts of this size would be too noisy and crowded in summer but that is a personal preference. Also the prices for our condo were great - we got a great deal for March.

Room Tip: Go for an oceanfront room if sitting on the balcony is something you enjoy, oceanview balconies are too small.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tikicisti
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were at Ocean Reef for a long weekend at the end of February. We chose it when booking since we knew it may be chilly/rainy when we were there and the indoor pool amenities were great. We have a two year old and she LOVED the pools, lazy river and indoor kiddie play area. They were also working on an outdoor kiddie play area that looked cool too! We booked online and got a great rate for a long weekend with short notice. We really prefer a hotel room with a separate bedroom so that when our daughter goes to bed around 8, we can stay up and watch tv, be on the balcony, etc. We gave her the bedroom and we slept on the pull down murphy bed - not insanely comfortable but decent (and I'm pregnant!). We stayed in an Angle OF Condo, with two balconies and a full kitchen as well as a washer/dryer. Bathroom was huge, although the showerhead seemed low - I'm 5'8 and had to duck down a little. Room was VERY clean which is rare in hotels on the beach in Myrtle. Housekeeping did a great job every day. Living room had a dvd player which was a nice touch. Elevators were fast. Indoor pools were very clean and warm - outdoor pools looked nice as well, though we didnt use them. There is a gift shop with DVD rentals and snacks, pool/beach accessories, etc. It had kind of weird and short hours so hopefully those are extended in the warmer months. Breakfast at the cafe was about $9/adult, our daughter was free - it was delicious, hot, and the wait staff down there was beyond awesome! We ate there every morning. The only negative that really bugged me - no option for late checkout. Many other hotels in Myrtle will allow late checkouts for free or a minimal fee but when we asked, we were told we would have to pay for a full night to have an extra few hours, even though no one was checking into our room that day. Not a huge deal but it would have been nice to have our daughter take a nap prior to check out! Camelot and Hotel Blue both offer checkout around 3-4pm, for only $20 more. Overall, it was a great stay and we were very impressed. We are heading back there again this weekend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank smcrimmon12
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We didn't spend much time in our room - so it was clean and had a microwave and fridge. You had to request the coffee for your in room coffee pot-- that was annoying and the pillows were flat but you can request more and they will bring them to you. Hotel looks like it needs some updates but then that is probably why my ocean front room was cheap on Hotels.com. Staff is very helpful and accommodating .

• Stayed: April 2012