“Not please with the way reservations does business”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Concord, North Carolina
“Not please with the way reservations does business”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Wow, I used to have great things to say about Landmark....However, I am beginning to be concerned about this place. I had the issue of varying rates earlier when trying to book...which they fixed (at the highest rate) online. I just called at 9:11 am EST on 4/12/2012 because I was going to book the pay for 5 stay for 7 rate which is still listed on the website right now, and was told by Yolanda the reservationist that the special is taken down. If taken down then don't have it on the site as still available and to call reservations. It looks like I may have to find another place to stay this summer....which is sad because my family and I really like Landmark and have never had a problem with the service when down there...however these issues in reservations are enough to put me off from dealing with booking at Landmark

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
I am sorry to hear that you were having some problems trying to make a reservation. The Stay 7 pay for 5 special is listed under our 'Spring Specials' and does state that it is not available June - August. We do have nightly discounted rates available for summer. Please keep in mind that rates are subject to change based on occupancy, so if you get a rate quote and DON'T book at that time, the rates may be higher if you call back - especially if you're booking for a busy time frame. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoy coming to The Landmark and we look forward to having you back!

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Arabic first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Ok, we stayed here for spring break...there is good and bad....After searching on Google Images for this resort I was ready to cancel our reservations right then and there. If you do it you will see the photo of the mattress that made me scared to sleep here. However, we already paid a deposit so no canceling for us. When we arrived our room smelled like a cigarette factory even though it was a non-smoking room. We complained, but what are they going to do? How do you eliminate cigarette odor? That's simply the rude smokers of the world, can't blame the hotel entirely for that one. Additionally, there is no free continental breakfast like most of the other resorts have. The breakfast buffet is $9 per person...IHop is one street up...go there instead. We have a small child, and this is a great hotel if you have kids (and if it's summer...read on...). Cute water park, pool, lazy river. there is another pyramid themed water park, but it's on the other side of the road by the parking garage...we did not make it there. HERE IS MY NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS HOTEL AND THE REASON WE LIKELY WILL NOT RETURN The hotel boasts 10 indoor and outdoor HEATED pools...yes it is April in SC and it is still chilly out! The indoor pools are in no way shape or form heated, unless they are including the hot tubs as the heated pools? and even then 2 of them were closed down. There is a nice large indoor pool...ice cold. a few 1 foot deep baby pools...ice cold (how hard is it to heat a foot of water?). The lazy river and another kid play area weren't freezing, but def. weren't heated. In addition there were 30 mph winds the days we were there and the pools aren't truly indoors, there is a side of the greenhouse looking portion of the pool area that is totally open. The wind blew right in there and froze you even if you were dry. we did no swimming on our visit. Which is sad because that is the one reason we went there :( The hot tubs were heated, but can't do too much in a hot tub with a toddler.
Other than that....our room was clean, towels were clean, mattress was clean (I checked it). The elevators were fast, there was a DJ at the pool from noon until 4 and a pool side bar, even though it was too cold to swim! You are Probably thinking there are more positives than negatives, but when you go somewhere during a chilly time of year specifically to enjoy an indoor heated pool area with your child - only to find out that was a lie, and nothing is heated, it's kind of a BIG negative. We're trying Coral Beach next time, it's a few doors down and we heard good things :) Sorry Landmark - fix your pool heaters.

Room Tip: There are rooms where your door opens to the outside (motel style) and doors that open to a hallway...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Landmark. I can understand your concerns after seeing a picture of a stained mattress online; however most of the mattresses are new as they have been recently replaced. I would like to apologize that you were not able to enjoy the pools while you were here. We try to keep the temperature of the pools between 84 and 88 degrees. On occasion, we may experience a maintenance issue with a few of the pools which can cause them to be a little cold. The good thing is that we have a total of 17 water features at the resort so there are always pools open that are heated, for our guests to enjoy. I am also sorry you didn't get the chance to visit the H20asis Splash Park and Mini-golf during your stay, as the kids really seem to have a lot of fun. Although they are both located across the street, we do offer an enclosed crosswalk.
While we do not offer a free breakfast, you are able to add breakfast in advance to your reservation at a discounted price. Thank you again for sharing your comments and hopefully you and your family will decide to visit again.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Some rooms have more recent upgrades such as new kitchens, flat screen tvs., mattresses. We loved #1039, many extras added by homeowner. Ocean front view. You can request this condo if available.

• Stayed December 2011
Lexington
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Me and my family stayed there over Easter weekend. My mother-in-law booked the hotel and it is a beautiful hotel. The front desk staff was awesome and so nice. Room was clean but beds were not very big for being doubles and not much walk way between beds and dresser. Housekeeping staff was nice and even wished us a happy easter. She gave my kids easter candy as well. Melissa, pool area attendant, was an awesome monitor of the pool area. However, stay away from the Gazebo Restaurant because their supervisor has a horrible attitude and cannot handle it when it gets busy. She is rude and very unimformative about what if and when reservations were needed. The food and beverage manager took our complaint and said she would be removed. Well she was never removed and the supervisor was nastier than she was the first time around. Sunday the three pool attendants sat in one room while kids were jumping on top of other kids in the lazy river, pushing others and climbing on the walls to take peoples rafts. Asked them to come out and assist in controlling the kids but was told its only because of the chemical problems. Which had nothing to do with the kids trying to kill smaller kids. Out of five hot tubs they had only two working at any given time. Wish they could hire people with experience to keep these problems taken care of. Went to speak to the General Manager but was told that he doesn't work on the weekend. How nice of him not to be there.

Room Tip: Stay on a floor that the parking garage is easily accessible or ask for a map to find your way back.
1 Thank Melissa S
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Landmark Resort Hotel. I am glad to hear that your encounter with the front desk and housekeeping was a pleasant one, however I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the Gazebo Restaurant. I sent you a private message to try and get more information so that we can address your concerns.
Your comments are very much appreciated since the information you provided can help better serve our guests. Thank you again and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Tega Cay, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The price is a good deal for the amenities, especially if you have a young kid who likes to swim. But the customer service alone is so poor that you really shouldn't stay here at all. There are better options and all of them cheap - I was surprised at the number of hotels that were obviously vacant and out of business, so you're better off staying somewhere that has friendly customer service.

We stayed in room 228, which overseas the pool and beach on the Lobby level. There was a mysterious "wet paint" sign on our door when we checked in, but we didn't think much of it. Then we realized the pool level was under construction, and it wasn't just an occasional hammer, it was 7.30a to 9pm (every day) band saws, drills, hammers, non-stop. Those construction workers must have been building something really impressive on a tight timeline. Construction happens, and if the hotel had moved us on request, I probably wouldn't be going out of my way to warn other potential customers, but they refused to move us and offered us a 10% refund. You know what? I never asked for a refund, I asked for a hotel room that was not in a construction zone. Not only did they not move me, but after I complained, they booked other guests in the rooms next to us without telling them either. When one guests checking in overheard my conversation, the braindead front desk clerk ordered me "not to disturb other guests" - REALLY? She has some nerve asking me not to talk to other guests who are checking in as if that is more of a disturbance than a bandsaw in the adjacent room... And just in case you think I'm over reacting in some way, I took video from our room on two different days and posted it on youtube under Landmark Resort Myrtle Beach, SC.

Room Tip: Choose a good room at a different hotel is the best advice. However, if you insist on staying here...
1 Thank Frank M
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
I would like to apologize for any disappointment you experienced while staying with us. I am also sorry for any inconvenience you encountered in your room due to the noise. We will always do our best to accommodate our guests to ensure they have an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately, if we are at full occupancy or close to being sold out, it may not be possible to switch to another room.
We hope that you and your family can accept our apologies. If there is any way we can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.