2,138 results
All reviews loco gecko water slides lazy river family vacation full kitchen spring break ocean front pools were clean off season beach access great vacation waterslides blast dj tiki myrtle boardwalk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were roaches everywhere in the room. In the bathroom, the kitchen area, the sleeping areas. The was even a roach in the oven clock light. There was no hot water and the shower head leaked and thank god it did because that how we saw the first roaches. We were only in When they gave us the refund they kept over half of it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Steven O, Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Marie,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay with us. Those conditions are definitely not up to Crown Reef standards and I apologize that you and your family had to witness that. I will definitely forward this information to the correct department heads so that we can make sure we take care of those issues, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! Also, would you mind sending me an email with your full name so that I can look into your reservation? My email address is asstfom@crownreef.com. We hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next Myrtle Beach vacation!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here before and we love it. The room is clean and the view is amazing. Oceanfront! All the rooms are oceanview. The waterpark is good. The kids went down the slides and said they were great but we stuck to the pools, hot tubs and lazy river. The hotel gets a little loud at night with people yelling up and down the hallways all night, but any hotel will have that these days. The elevators were the only problem we had. At first we thought it was kids hitting all the buttons but they were just not functioning right for the last 2 days. All the numbers telling you where they were would have jumbled numbers, it would say it was on your floor but never open, it would come to your floor and then before the doors open it would take off to a different floor. We had this happen last time we stayed too, fortunately we were only on the 2nd floor and were able to take the stairs. Other than that it is a great stay. P.s. make sure you have your do not disturb sign too as they come early!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Steven O, Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jessica,

I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us! The views from the rooms are definitely spectacular and one of the best parts of our property! Another fantastic part of our property is our water park and I am glad you and your family loved the water amenities! I will definitely pass your feedback on the elevators on to our maintenance department so that we can make sure they are inspected! Thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you and your family for your next Myrtle Beach vacation!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2018

So let me start by saying that I had read some pretty bad reviews about this place so I was definitely a little nervous about staying here. However, as soon as we reached the reservation desk to check in we met someone that automatically put all those worries in the back of my mind. Hulon greeted us with such a friendly smile and even took the time to learn a little bit about us and tell us about all the great amenities the hotel offers. He was very helpful and made everyone in our party smile. We actually ran into him towards the end of our stay and he still remembered us which made us feel special. I know he must see a lot of faces so he is definitely great at his job and a keeper. The room definitely could use some updating but the it had plenty of space for the 5 of us and was clean, comfortable queen beds, and a great view. Only thing that wasn't great about the room was the murphy bed. It was pretty uncomfortable but it was clean. It would be nice if they could provide a thicker mattress. Anyways, housekeeping was on point! They were fantastic and took care of our room everyday. They even set my girls' stuffed animals up in the cutest ways just to make it special for them. I believe it was Louise that took care of our room. I hate that I don't remember but I know it starts with an L. Anyways, she was incredible and needs a bonus lol Now on to the pool area. The slides were great and my children really enjoyed the slides. They are 15, 13 and 11 and still had a blast. However, I must say I was disappointed by the cleanliness. I could tell the pool staff was trying but the lazy river stayed very nasty with utensils, trash, etc. Also, out of all the different hot tubs, only 2 or 3 really stayed hot. The others were just barely warm. I don't know if maybe they were understaffed or what but it could definitely be cleaner. Oh and we couldn't ever get a clean pool towel. This was definitely a pain but we just decided to start bringing our own. I also wish there would have been a few more activities. I heard that it is fantastic in the summer but in October, there just wasn't a lot going on. The access to the beach was great though...just a few steps from the pool. Breakfast was the bomb! The man making the omelets was great! Super friendly and makes the best omelets ever! The entire breakfast staff was friendly and very helpful! Overall, the trip was great and had a lot more pros then cons. We will definitely be visiting again and huge shoutout to Hulon, housekeeping, and the breakfast staff. They were top of the line and made our experience that much better!!!

Room Tip: The oceanfront room was great! Beautiful view of sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your past stay! I definitely do agree that Hulon does a fantastic job at the front desk and is an essential part of our team in the front office. I will definitely pass along your information regarding the hot tub temperatures to the correct departments so that we can pay closer attention to them and make sure they are hot for your next visit! I am also glad to hear that the breakfast restaurant staff was able to make your visit there a great one! Again, thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us and we hope to see you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Not many words but WONDERFUL❣️ king Jacuzzi Suite is the Best thing Smoking
full kitchen
Jacuzzi Tub
Rooms Separate Hint Parents lol
Pots pans silverware etc
Overall the Best Resort in Myrtle Beach. you have the waterpark a restaurant there that's is just pure amazing Loco Geco if I'm not mistaking two thumbs up. Then u have the waterpark bar n you can order your food there also is a major pluss....
()()

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the King Jacuzzi Suite! I am also delighted to hear that you guys loved the Loco Gecko restaurant as well as the waterpark! We hope you come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I knew in advance but this is the first hotel I stayed at where you paid for parking. I know the others incorporate it in there room fee but it was a little strange that they separated it from there room charge. It’s a big hotel nice views but we had a lot of noise from the other patrons. They had issues with the elevators on and off too. The parking is tight too had to be careful not to hit things.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! We do not include the parking fee into our room rate because a lot of our guests fly instead of drive. I am very happy to hear that you guys enjoyed the view from your balcony and we hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations soon!