US$352
US$330
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Sandy Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$162
US$134
US$172
US$160
US$96
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$102
US$242
US$214
Ocean Creek Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$119
US$97
Official Site
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$257
US$214
  • Pool
US$325
US$310
US$503
Travelocity
2,454 results
All reviewsocean frontfront deskacross the streetfull kitchenlazy riverfree breakfastbedroom suiteparking garagevalet servicewasher dryermini golfhot tuboff seasonoceanfront viewthe room was niceocean blvdwater park
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The facilities themselves would be fine if they were CLEANED. It is a shabby hotel, but they can get away with this because of the view. The are clearly NOT maintaining this building or the grounds! The floors were disgusting- the floors of the elevator, bathroom etc.. When we walked into our room, there was poop all over the outside of the toilet. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite a while- not only was there poop, but dust and hair as well! One pillow case had lipstick ALL over it. The pool was only cleaned ONCE during our 5 day stay. The pool area was left with the same dirty towels, socks, hair elastics and other garbage around the pool area for 3 days! The garbage was overflowing in the pool area. There were leftover chicken wings and some pasta dinner that had been left out there as well- right on the patio itself! When I went to the front desk and asked if the pool area would be cleaned, the front desk manager asked what I meant... She told me that the "levels" of the pool were checked daily. The one day the pool was cleaned, the guy used the same net to scoop up random garbage from the patio- and then skimmed the pool with it!!! Save your money and find another place! I'm not sure how this place has as many stars as it does. If it hadn't been 4th of July weekend- with no vacancies anywhere else- we would have left!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel- there are plenty on this strip!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank M C
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. It is disturbing to hear about the many issues you experienced with regard to lack of cleanliness during your stay and this information was shared with our team. Our pools are inspected and cleaned daily and must adhere to strict regulations instituted by the health department. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the pool area to be clean. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, we encourage you to contact the property general manager. Again, we apologize.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We rented a private condo from Century 21 (Room 1634).

The only negatives I found was that they only offer a luggage cart if you pay for the bellhop service, the hallways didn't seem vacuumed daily, and the parking sucks.

We were there for a busy Fourth of July week and never had crowded pools. They were actually pretty empty for being in the peak season. We also never experienced problems with the elevators. They were always relatively quick and when one went down it was fixed quickly.

The location is great. Close to everything but far enough away to avoid the craziness. Really close to Broadway at the Beach, which is nice. The area felt safe enough, which is good considering you have to walk back and forth to the parking garage.

I can't attest to housekeeping because as I said, we rented privately and had no housekeeping. We also had no interaction with any staff except to ask for a luggage rack, which costs money. (Kind of crazy, I think.)

Overall we were pretty pleased. We had a good time and enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at Carolinian. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay. We do not allow guests to borrow the luggage carts because, in the past, it became problematic as the carts were not returned in a reasonable amount of time and we were left scrambling to round them up. We are, however, looking into other solutions to this and thank you for letting us know it was an issue. We hope to have you back soon and are happy you enjoyed your stay and our convenient, safe location.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The condo was nice but we rented thru Elloitt beach rentals and we paid $1300 and that price included having to do a linen rentals which consist of sheets for the bed 2 wash clothes and 2 towels nothing else . I thought it was ridiculous . I didn't realize that was how it was going to be and the house keeper didn't even make the bed . I think next time I'll rent through the Carolinian because I saw house keepers each day . Only problem I saw with the hotel no luggage carts unless you get the front desk to get valet boys to carry it up for you then you have to tip them .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ElliottRealty, Guest Relations Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very sorry you were not happy with our linen service. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make any necessary changes so that future guests do not have those same issues. We hope to see you back at the beach.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not one to write reviews but after our stay and the amount of money we spent I'm hoping to save someone else some time and money on their family vacation.

Our check-in process was smooth and the lady helping us was very friendly and accommodating. We were able to get into our room early which was wonderful. The rest of our party was not able to check in early but had their room available close to the check in time.

Elevators are terrible! Very slow and always packed. Most of the time they were being used by staff which was frustrating. Then when we would make it to our rooms our key cards wouldn't work. Happened all the time even when keeping them in a secure place. So back down the elevators you go.

We decided to do an upgrade to a club level room when we booked it and we did not get what we were suppose to. We never had daily snacks or water. We called down after the second day and the gentleman we talked to was incredibly rude! The two reasons why we did the upgrade and we never received it. Some sort of refund would be greatly appreciated since we did pay extra for this.

Breakfast had long lines and no where to sit. Ended up having to go elsewhere to eat. We were also suppose to have access to the 10th floor club level breakfast with our upgraded room but they didn't have much.

There is only 1 bathroom for the pool/beach area. Many times we were waiting in line for staff using the restroom.

There were NO towels for the pool/beach. We were able to get towels on the last day.

You have to rent the umbrellas/chairs at the beach and they kick you off of them at 4:00.

Front desk gentleman on July 4th night was terribly rude and shouldn't be in customer service. Our key card was not working for our room so I had to ask him for a new one. He didn't even ask me my name or any info. Sure doesn't make you feel too safe. Didn't say one word to me. Then when we called down to ask if we could have a 1 hour later check out the next morning he said we would have to call in the am and just hung up on my husband before he could ask him the next question.

My husband and I travel a lot and we would NEVER recommend this place. It is dirty, front desk staff is not always pleasant to talk to and it is way too expensive for what you get! Do your research before you book and compare other places. Oh and don't bother with a club level upgrade.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Check in was terrible. Our one bedroom suite was not available at 4:00 pm. When we finally got our keys we reached the elevators which smelled like mildew and were filthy. We actually had to plug our nose while in them. We were there for a baseball tournament and several families had issues with housekeeping. One member of our group had their pain medication stolen from their room that they were using to treat kidney stones. Another family had two pairs of shorts missing from their room. In addition, one of the moms left her purse in the dining area and someone stole it. In our room, my daughter's Beats headphones were taken. I asked the maid that was in our room if she could vacuum it and she said, " we don't have enough vacuums," then proceeded to pull out a filthy broom and used that. We called for toilet paper and clean towels and never got them. They told my husband he had to come get them. Overall, a dirty place. Would not recommend and would not stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
OceanaResorts, Marketing Intern at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

We are terribly sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay. We apologize for the lack of security and housekeeping you received. We have shared this feedback with our management and will work on fixing these issues. Again, we sincerely apologize.