1,442 results
All reviews ocean front continental breakfast across the street washer and dryer pool and hot tub yogurt king suite free dvd rentals grassy area living room every morning lounge chairs full kitchen parking garage lazy river check in was a breeze great view of the ocean
Reviewed 17 January 2017

My husband brought me to the beach for my birthday weekend and I selected this resort after researching and checking reviews. Saw ad on Facebook but price was very different than advertise. Read fine print. We had a nice and relaxing time. The resort is in a wonderful location to the point you can walk just about everywhere. We parked the car on Saturday and didn't need it until departing on Monday. Check in was a breeze and I used the app. Staff were very friendly and cheerful and helpful. The beach was wonderful. Breakfast was good - had fried bologna (I didn't like it) but it was a hit for others. Clean and very well maintained. Rm 1050 had a nice angle ocean view but it was a bit smaller than I'm use too and a bit cramped. We had a time with the shower faucets - there's an inner and outer. We stopped down at registration for assistance but was told to try it again. Very confusing - when using one both turned. Used the app to check out but the feature to get receipt by email did not work but checkout without receipt did work. Informed registration at check out and she gave me a copy - surprised to see $13.80 per day resort fee on my bill which I wasn't aware of. Inquired for what this covered and was told sales tax and housekeeping services.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Alicia B, Manager at The Strand a Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Dear Bree716,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our friendly stuff. We look forward to serving you during future stays!!

Thanks,
Alicia B.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Checked in this hotel via Priceline. As always you become skeptical when you get a name your own or express deal. I figured what could I lose if I am actually on the beach. Well let me tell you, The Strand, A Boutique Resort used to be named The Breakers. This was right on time. Really cool deal and just a great place to stay if you are in the Myrtle Beach area. Check in was a breeze. There is a person on the side awaiting your arrival to speak with you about Vacation Ownership but wasn't pushy at all. There are resort fees that you will be responsible for upon check out. Room was on the 19th floor with a near perfect view of one of the most beautiful beaches in North America. Amenities are good with a heated pool and jacuzzi, exercise room and breakfast was included. Also they have fresh baked Chocolate Chip cookies and coffee in the Lobby along with free DVD Movie rentals. Wasn't for sure about House keeping because we never heard from them. Could have just been me but wasn't a biggie. Staff was great as well. Still minor construction going on but nothing that interrupted the stay. Def' take advantage of this place if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Top floor is pretty nice
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Our room was very large and overlooking the ocean was perfect!! Free movies in lobby, DVD player in room, and the lobby area is so cute! SiMetrice checked us in and was very helpful for our late checkin. She answered all my questions and I will for sure recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: "Ocean view room is worth it" "Great hot tub"
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank johnmyhre
Alicia B, Manager at The Strand a Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear John M.,

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see that you had a good time. We appreciate the staff recognition as they all do their best to make sure everyone is having a good time. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to your next stay.

Thanks, Alicia B.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Nice resort with good customer care! Good location on the beach. Parking provided though it has some minor inconvenience as it is old fashioned, excellent room ambience, warm swimming pool. Modest breakfast

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter M,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our friendly stuff. We look forward to serving you during future stays!!
Thank
Alicia B.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We arrived New Years Eve and Departed January 3rd. Check in was a breeze! Free cookies next to the DVD rentals when you walk in ☺ Parking is tricky. The ramps are very NARROW and you will scrape your car if you are not careful. We stayed in room 352 which was a Deluxe King Suite (G) glad I made that choice and sprang for the extra room! Very spacious. Go for rooms around the 3rd-8th floor if you prefer eye-level ocean views or want to be closer to the ground. We didn't even use the living room at all. The bedroom was so cozy but the TVs are on the small side. But with such a great oceanfront view I couldn't be too mad. The free breakfast was good. Not crowded at all and we woke up a little after 9 each morning. The only thing was that I didn't get to try the voodoo bucket or any of the pools although I did manage to stick my foot in the heated pool which felt great. Our bathroom was a tad small too but it was only two of us so we didn't need a lot of space. Bed and pillows were sooo great. We walked basically everywhere to eat so we didn't have to fight for parking. Great value for the money

Room Tip: Splurge for the Deluxe King Suite (G) for better views and full kitchen and washer and dryer. Its worth it!!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple