All reviews orange lake time share across the street gas fireplace owner update lazy river bedroom villa full kitchen screened in porch building b close to the airport through rci beach access sales presentation market commons washer and dryer hot tub
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

First the good. The resort is across the street from the beach with good access plus a shuttle if you’re carrying a bunch of beach stuff. The on-site amenities are nice. Three pools, poolside bar, lazy river, ping pong tables, water slide (which closes after Labor Day though), fire pits, gas grills, etc. During the season there are convenient rental beach chairs and umbrellas (not affiliated with the resort but still convenient) right at the resort’s beach access. Rooms are large and nice though because of tile floors noises really travel.

However they are all about selling here. Even if you’re already an owner, like we are! It starts at check-in when you have to go to the sales desk to get your parking permit. Their job is to get you to make a sales appointment (if you’re an owner they call it a “members update”). In the past we have agreed since they pay cash to attend but this time we were on a short weekend and didn’t want to take the time. They were very rude about it and tried to make us feel dumb for refusing “well it’s your money you’re wasting by not learning your great new benefits”. Whatevs. But they don’t give up easy. If you refuse the initial “invitation” they call you in your room early enough the next day that you can’t sleep in. So my advice, if you say no at check in and don’t want to be bothered unplug your room phone.

We have agreed to the meeting in the past and it’s a hard sell. Gets uncomfortable if you aren’t buying which of course is the goal. They are trying to get you to buy an upgrade and the sales pitch includes insulting you for having such a lame package and not having ambition to upgrade. My advice here is to try to turn the tables and ask if they’d be interested in buying back your share and when they say no try, to hard sell THEM. Of course they won’t but it will end the interview quicker.

Overall the best advice is to try to stay at RCI properties if you own Holiday Inn, and vice versa. They don’t try to sell each other’s owners and you can get some peace and relaxation.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank therealmjfox
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

We're happy to hear you enjoyed the great location and many amenities at South Beach Resort. It's our goal to be sure our guests are comfortable and have lots of fun things to do.

Our tour representatives are passionate about helping owners and guests learn about the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. Please feel very free to decline a tour if you do not wish to attend. Our incentives are great, but we recognize that vacation time is precious. Your feedback is appreciated, and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation with Holiday Inn Club! Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Booked 2 months in advance and ready to go on vacation. The week before my vacation I was told they had no record of my dates and the resort was sold out. I ask them to pull my recorded conversation but apparently, they cannot. So I ask for a refund and was told to email my refund request. The next day I spoke to a manager and was told sorry no refund. What a rip off.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shabra J
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We're so sorry to hear of the confusion surrounding your vacation package stay at South Beach Resort. This just doesn't sound right. We sent you a private message and would like to reach out to you about what happened. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

New property,great staff,bar and restaurant not perfect but very acceptable.Would easily reccomend this property.The pools and kids game room make it extremely family oriented.Directly in front of one of the best beaches in the country.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Away from the hustle and bustle of the beach, this hotel is a great place for family reunion, family. vacation. Stay at this hotel from July 9-14, 2018. The rooms have a full kitchen equip with microwave and refrigerator. Since, I love cooking, I think this was really great and convenient. There are restaurants near by but, I enjoyed making fresh meal daily for my family. So, this was great. I will stay at this resort again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

First time staying here. Check in was easy. Units are well kitted out and spacious. Beds are comfortable.
The pool is a good size with a lazy river next to it. This is fairly small but you help yourself to the rings and pop them back on the poles when you’re finished. There are two water slides which are fun. Both my daughter and I had a few goes. There’s a ping pong table and table football at pool too.
We were only here for a couple of nights so can’t say much about restaurants around area. However we did get a takeaway pizza from Dough Boys. A white pizza which was fab and it’s family run with friendly staff. There is a little shop on site near the reception which does a decent Caesar salad and grilled cheese though.
Access to the beach is across the road where Holiday Inn has a little pool and gate to get onto the beach.
Myrtle Beach itself feels a bit like it needs an injection of funds to spruce it up a little. We’ve spent time before on the gulf coast in Florida as a comparison. But that’s a personal opinion and the place is very popular.
In closing - the vacations club is def worth a visit.