“Great treasure for sweets”

Sweetgrass Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #6 of 17 Bakeries in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Deli, Cafe
Description: Sweetgrass Bakery & Cafe (formerly Kudzu Bakery, still run by the same peeps: Jim and Shannon Lewis) offers traditional Southern fare-- from our popular take-and-bake cheese biscuits to our irresistible coconut cake. Try us for lunch! We make our own pimento cheese, tuna salad, egg salad, and chicken salad. Our shrimp salad comes from McClellanville, SC, and our turkey and ham sandwiches are made with Boars Head products. All sandwiches served on our homemade bread. We also have a great variety of take-and-bake items for a restaurant-quality meal at home as well as several quiches that are great to heat up for company.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here to get a few sweets. The wedding cookies were the best I’ve ever tasted. The quiche was good. My kids loved the cookies. Definitely worth the stop. We will be back.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

With all the restaurant choices in Myrtle Beach, sometimes you may miss a small quaint place mixed in with all the big franchises. Sweetgrass Bakery and Cafe is worth the search along Kings Highway to find it. I saw their post on Facebook last week and decided to check it out. I had not been in since it had become Sweetgrass.
It was hard to choose from the numerous lunch combos.
They offer quiches, soups, salads and sandwiches. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich on wheat. Included with that was a cup of coleslaw, and a drink. Usually you get to pick a cookie to go with your lunch. That day they were offering up a free slice of cake. There were several excellent choices offered. I choose an Apple Walnut Spice Cake. Yum!
My beverage was iced tea. It is freshly prepared and really good.
On my next visit I might have to try the quiche, although the soup of the day is another option.
Prepacked foods are available,as well as cookies by the pound, and cakes and pies by the slice or whole thing.
For under $10 you can have a good, freshly made lunch. It is worth the time to find Sweetgrass Bakery and Cafe.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I was searching for pecan pie since we can’t get a good one up north. I went on trip advisor and found good reviews for this bakery and cafe. Worth the trip from surfside beach where we were staying. Pecan pie was loaded with pecans and Carmel. Delicious!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stumbled upon this little spot and had a very nice lunch. Spinach & mushroom quiche in a homemade crust with chips, drink and a freshly baked cookie for under $10.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My son and I stopped by here for a late pastry for breakfast. We had a cheese danish (huge!) and cheese biscuits. They were so fresh and best of all, homemade. Great shop with lots of choices and everything looked wonderful. We will be back!!