“Don't Order Coffee”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #383 of 960 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Deli, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Myrtle Beach, SC is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed 25 February 2018

First time visiting a TGI Fridays since we left Ohio 4 years ago. We arrived early ahead of our other party of 2 couples. We had to wait a few minutes till a booth or table opened up for a party of 6. Out server Natasha came right over and took our drink order and ask if we wanted an appetizer while we waited for the rest of our group, I ordered a cup of coffee and the wife ordered ice tea along with an appetizer. As the other 2 couples arrived Natasha was right there to take care of their needs. Everyone placed their orders which Natasha took great care in explaining the special to one couple and enjoyed the appetizers. I ordered the buffalo wing burger which was excellent, first time I ordered a buffalo sandwich that was chicken. The wife ordered the bacon wrap shrimp which she loved. The other 2 couples also enjoyed their meals which was steak, ribs and chicken. The only concern I had was the COFFEE. As our server came around to refill drinks I stated that I would like a refill on my coffee. Natasha then informed me that there was no free refills and if I wanted another cup of coffee I would have to pay an addition $2.99. The reason was they use the Kruger coffee maker. So if you want a good meal try and service go to TGI Fridays but order something else to drink besides Coffee.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had not been here in a while, but they remodeled the restaurant, since my last review. So, I don't think that I could duplicate my previous unsavory experience. I went there the other night; they have a new menu just before Valentine's Day. My server was friendly and super attentive. It was slow. But, she was good-natured. I tried the new $14.99 special, where you get to pick two smaller portions of entrees, but opted for sweet potato fries (1.50 more), instead of mashed potatoes, with veggie. My choice: Steak and chicken.

I enjoyed the meal, and it was served on a nice platter. One cool note: TGI Friday's reinstated my points from last year, when I had to travel way too much. I am three points away from a steak dinner, or a free chicken entrée. I do like my rewards, and, I also like new menu items and specials to attract customers.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went to TGI Friday for dinner Friday night. I highly recommend the shaker cosmo, it was one of the best I have ever had at a restaurant along with the potato skins as an appetizer.
The only negative thing I have to say it it is dark and we had trouble reading the menu.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I appreciate all businesses open this day! I once had been to this chain in NYC, didn't like it but thought it was because it was NYC rush, rush, rush. Apparently not. The food wasn't great. I had wingman's burger and a margarita. My partner had chicken salad and chicken came out cold. He asked to be warmed up and the waiter asked for a new plate. It took forever, my partner lost the appetite, we took it to our hotel room. Service was ok. Waiter came to apologize a couple of times for delay. The restaurant was busy but not that busy! I won't go back because the food is not worth it.

Date of visit: December 2017
Nigel M, Guest Relations Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Hi, Xana - we are very sorry about the unsatisfactory experience you had with us. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration for improving guest experiences in the future. Thank you for letting us know and we hope you have a great rest of your week.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The service was very good here and the food wasn't bad. I wasn't super impressed with the meal, not like I was hoping anyway, but it was made well and well proportioned. Guess I was looking for a bit more taste on vacation, but this is a good stop for some normal food.

Date of visit: December 2017